Coopers Community

How long does a batch take?

Ravanagh

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

I put two down today, 10.5 hour brew day, cleaned the house, dethached the lawn, cut a few wine barrels in half, weeded the front garden, rode to school with the young fella and picked him up on the bikes. 

Deserve a few tonight. 

That's a years work for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My missus has violent gastro so I’ve spent the day washing anything she has shat on. The washing machine is more deserving of a beer than me 

Bit hard to put the couch in the washing machine though mate. 

• Haha 2

Just now, PaddyBrew2 said:

😂

Worst thing is , it’s her birthday Sunday. I booked An airbnb for us and seven of our friends near dunsborough. Right on the beach for $1500.  That’s $1500 I won’t see again 😫

That’s sucks the big ones. 

Off down south on Sat for my wife’s birthday in a bus........ god help that bus driver.  15 booze hags on a bus for 10 hours

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

😂

Worst thing is , it’s her birthday Sunday. I booked An airbnb for us and seven of our friends near dunsborough. Right on the beach for $1500.  That’s $1500 I won’t see again 😫

That's a few days away.  Hopefully she is stable enough by then to go along with you and the buddies. 😣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

You use a machine for that dethatching or do it by hand? Was always done in spring when I worked in turf management. 

Machine, mowed (well scalped it) lawn then dethatched. Best in spring but, it’s still ok here for that. I’ll give it a good couple of doses of seasol and it’ll be ok. I’ve found it best with this lawn to do it just before the winter sets in, otherwise it doesn’t recover as quick due to the heat. 

8 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

If we make it down we’ll be in margs the Saturday.  Fingers crossed she’ll pull through. Have been looking forward to this weekend for a few months now 

Not going as far as margs, Cowaramup and Beerfarm for the breweries and church view and two other wineries I don’t know the name of. 

Hopefully you make it down bud

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Machine, mowed (well scalped it) lawn then dethatched. Best in spring but, it’s still ok here for that. I’ll give it a good couple of doses of seasol and it’ll be ok. I’ve found it best with this lawn to do it just before the winter sets in, otherwise it doesn’t recover as quick due to the heat. 

Must have different grasses there, cool season perhaps. 

8 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

😂

Leave her at home while you and your friends drink beer on the beach

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My missus has violent gastro so I’ve spent the day washing anything she has shat on. The washing machine is more deserving of a beer than me 

Just use the washing machine as a fermenter for you next brew. It will be very thankful 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah cool season grass like Victoria. I'd imagine the maintenance schedule would be the reverse of the warm season grasses we have here.

My grass still grows well in summer just better when it’s not as harsh heat. I’m going to scalp and dethatch come spring too. Its been in for 5 years without too much real maintenance. So she needs a good desponging 

2 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

My grass still grows well in summer just better when it’s not as harsh heat. I’m going to scalp and dethatch come spring too. Its been in for 5 years without too much real maintenance. So she needs a good desponging 

I put this lawn down 8 years ago. Still haven't worked out the best time of year to dethatch.

I'm all about conservation. The water I didn't use on the lawn has been used to make beer. 🙂

IMG_20190531_102022.jpg

• Haha 3