Coopers Community

TV shows you like

PaddyBrew2

I’m not one to watch a lot of tv but I do like watching a good boxset every now and then. 

In no special order my favourites have to be

The Sopranos

The Wire

The Shield

Game of Thrones ( I know I know)

I’m keen to get into Underbelly. Heard good things. Worth a watch ?

Any recommendations or favourites from fellow brewers ?! 

11 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

I’m keen to get into Underbelly. Heard good things. Worth a watch?

I reckon it’s a pretty good series. The first one was really good cause you know, I remember seeing it on the news and what not. 

The other ones are pretty good too. 

I like: 

outrages fortune

Underbelly 

vikings

Been watching the Blacklist the past couple of months on my work breaks. Finally caught up to the latest episode and now I'm disappointed about having to wait for more of them haha. Really enjoyed that one. Lots of twists and turns surrounding various secrets of the main two characters, was fun trying to figure them out before the show revealed them. Thinking about checking out the Shield as well. 

Last year I watched a detective show set in 1880s London called Ripper Street, wasn't bad but Stan didn't have the fifth and final season which was a bit annoying. Watched Breaking Bad and liked that one. He reminded me of my dad, aside from having cancer and cooking meth 😂. Still haven't checked out the other one Better Call Saul yet. 

Other ones I liked were Stranger Things, Wentworth, any of the main three Law & Order series (getting through SVU at the moment), Sons of Anarchy. I've only seen bits of Underbelly since it seems to have a million different ones but I liked what I did watch. Just started watching Gotham as well, only a few episodes in but enjoying it so far. There are a few others I might check out too, so I guess my work breaks will be covered for a while yet!

• Like 3

Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

Set in my hometown (Birmingham, England) about the rise of the gang "Peaky Blinders" just after WW1. Based in fact (there was a gang named Peaky Blinders from the Midlands - not sure how much more than that is factual). The local pub in the series "The Garrison" is still open...

Very violent. Very good.

3 hours ago, NewBrews said:

I’ve been watching Blacklist (just caught up on the last one released on Netflix), and Designated Survivor. Not to shabby 

Not to give any spoilers away but I hops they get rid of that nasty justice chick. She gives me the shits 😂

• Like 1

Love The Expanse. It's seriously well done sci-fi but it got removed from Netflix and went to Amazon. Season 4 is about to drop so might have to get an Amazon subscription for a while.

Others I like are Vikings, The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and most sci-fi. The Walking Dead stuff has been dragging along for a couple of series but I've watched it so long I want to see how it turns out.

There's a few series on Netflix I have burned through that have been OK but the stories wrap up and don't continue. There's a bunch like that I need to get through.

• Like 1