Coopers Community

Kegging questions

Primal

Hi all,

Been awhile since i posted here, i've moved to brewing BIAB AG last year and am now able to pump out 2 x 19 L batches minimum on brew days, the only issue is bottling 50 tallies is really shithouse. I also am sick of the time waiting for bottle carbonation (especially in winter), which also never seems to be as good as kegged beer.

So the point is I want to move to kegging, but i don't have much fridge space (and am yet to take the plunge on a full kegerator). I've seen a couple sites suggest that you can store your beer in 19L cornelius kegs (at room temp) straight from the fermenter and transfer to a smaller keg (i am looking at 2 x 5L ones from Kegland or similar) then carb them up in the small fridge they fit in. Once you finish the small keg you go back to your big keg and refill and so on. Is this legit? Are there any issues i need to worry about storing the bulk of my precious beer at room temp in kegs?

Cheers

Edited by Primal

Cant have enough Fridges mate, makes things alot easier and saves time, have a look on Gumtree, they are cheap, then pop a Beer tap hole in it, done.

We run 4 fridges and two freezers, in the Summer the electric bill is a bit harsh but worth it. 

We use one as a Fermenting/Curing fridge (Meat & Beer) and have a Chest freezer converted to kegorator to enjoy the spoils..

• Like 1