Coopers Community

Mosiac Citra Neipa

On 6/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, therealthing691 said:

Just took a reading where down to 1011 just added the 2nd dose of DH so I think  after the 2nd dose have done there thing I will transfer to a secondary for a few days then bottle this weekend coming the colour  is amazing at bottling will post some pictures cheers

Why will you transfer to secondary?? 

With it being a NEIPA I would try and avoid any exposure to oxygen. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But on saying that I was just reading and now realise why you ask .As neipa;s are more  open to it .I have done a few very hoppy beers but not as much dry hops as this and all the same process . So fingers crossed and when I transfer it always has a couple of points to drop we will see  when its conditioned and is a small batch cheers for the mention anyway

3 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

I always transfer to a secondary and never had oxidised beer  

IN 35 batches  this is 36 LOL and hey theres always room to learn and each to there own  but I am always up for learning .I am no expert far from it  cheers

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 1

Well bottling day here is  a glass half out of the bucket on the mark for colour is just what I was aiming for  smells great uncarbed tastes how a neipa should smells tropical fruity  glad I used the hops I did looking forward to tasting it in 3 weeks

20190608_152302.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, joolbag said:

Perfect colour. I have a few to many hops in the freezer so am planning a NEIPA soon too. I hope mine looks like that 

Thanks Jools 

It looks different colours different light from pineapple  to orange/mango juice colour  well is carbed up has been that cold here .Its been in the fermenting fridge set on 20c for 10 days all done woo hoo . Is very tropical fruit tasting  not as much aroma as I thought for the amount of dry hopping ,All in all defiantly a neipa and better than some I have tasted from Dans  here  is some pics . Also pics of the new brewing area 1/2 way through painting the garage walls and floor cheers have a good weekend  the trusty hound guarding the brew lol

20190621_015447.jpg

20190621_015707.jpg

20190621_155009.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

Thanks Jools 

It looks different colours different light from pineapple  to orange/mango juice colour  well is carbed up has been that cold here .Its been in the fermenting fridge set on 20c for 10 days all done woo hoo . Is very tropical fruit tasting  not as much aroma as I thought for the amount of dry hopping ,All in all defiantly a neipa and better than some I have tasted from Dans  here  is some pics . Also pics of the new brewing area 1/2 way through painting the garage walls and floor cheers have a good weekend  the trusty hound guarding the brew lol

20190621_015447.jpg

20190621_015707.jpg

20190621_155009.jpg

Great beer and nice brewing area. Keep us posted with how things go in there. I like seeing everyone’s brewing areas/bars. It’s also good to get ideas from other people

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

well 3 weeks down the road is not oxidized  I didn't think it would from putting in the secondary and it actually tastes better and aroma is the same

20190712_211046.jpg

That looks absolutely SENSATIONAL. Top work.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, therealthing691 said:

why but is a  lamp ?but if you think that it

is helping the colour here another  couple of shots different light . Thanks Ben I was happy with it since it was my first real Neipa

20190706_181807.jpg

20190705_202804.jpg

I wish I was drunk too

• 3 weeks later...