Coopers Community

Coopers English Bitter Hops

Going to put down a Coopers English Bitter with a few grains (Crystal & Choc Malt), dried malt, dext & S04. 

My thinking is to dry hop 50g of EKG.

Anyone had a similar recipe that worked well or you have another hop suggestion? Challenger could also work well however trying to get it true to a English Bitter so Kent Hops?

Cheers

CEBitter.thumb.JPG.6a61aa3f823eba55e1d4a7175d535f17.JPG

• Like 1

Done many EBs with EKG and never been disappointed, one of my standards is 45g in a boil (15g at 15 mins then another 15g at 10/and 5 mins). Have also done Challenger but reckon EKG is better; I also use Fuggles and Bramling Cross in my EBs and love ‘em both...good luck with the brew!

Cheers 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteveL said:

Done many EBs with EKG and never been disappointed, one of my standards is 45g in a boil (15g at 15 mins then another 15g at 10/and 5 mins). Have also done Challenger but reckon EKG is better; I also use Fuggles and Bramling Cross in my EBs and love ‘em both...good luck with the brew!

Cheers 

Thanks appreciate the heads up on hop timing & good to know I am going down the right track with EKG.

Looking forward to getting this brew on the go.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brown Nail said:

Sounds a bit like this recipe minus the amber malt - https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/hop-gobbler.html.

Planning on doing this today actually.

Fairly close to this recipe which I discovered after putting it down. Loaded up the steeped grains to 250g each.

Bottling time (FG1014) so the two week carbonation wait begins.