Coopers Community

Always have a spare tap!

King Ruddager

13 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Pretty hard to get under it unless it's on a tee 😂

I got well under a drive on Friday, went straight up in the air and about 50 metres forward of the tee. Fortunately it was the only one of the round 🤣

I've SEEN divots on the course... 😄

And of course, it was a tap so maybe he clipped the handle? 😄 

8 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:

Yeah, taps. Prone to breakage and infection. Maybe consider a plastic bucket and an auto-siphon? 😄

I have never seen a Coopers fermenter for sale anywhere in Canada. Don't feel like I am missing anything.

Cheers,

Christina.

They're pretty good.

They're evidence for people that evaluate a ferment by the airlock activity that they don't need an airlock.
They are more clear than most FV's so you don't need to lift the lid to perv on your beer. 
The tap is a little higher off the base than most FV's so less chance of trub filling your bottles.
The tap clips in and out and pulls apart easily making it simple to remove and clean.
The handles are extras on the outside so you don't have any indents on the inside for bacteria to hide under.
Domed base also helps to drop the trub below the tap level.

I thought mine (one of the original with the single, wide, black rubber grommet was pretty solid - I bought a spare after seeing some threads on here but it's the new type with the 2 x narrow grommets, but it wasn't because I've had any issues with the current one.

• 3 weeks later...