Coopers Community

New Inkbird 308

Beer Baron

23 minutes ago, Worthog said:

I might be bashing on a bit, but I just increased my Lager fridge temperature by half a degree from 50klms away. 

Cheers

But how do you know it worked from 50kms away?

After reading and listening to all of the information I’m not really keen on getting one of these after initially saying I would. I am at home once a day so it’s easy to program it by hand. It’s a great idea for someone that isn’t home for a few days for work or if they’re on holidays. 

Beer Baron

• Like 1

Just to update.  My app may have upgraded on phone, but over the last few days my trend chart menu has changed slightly, and the connection is not dropping out, even with steel shed closed up.

Edited by Worthog
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, Beer Baron said:

After reading and listening to all of the information I’m not really keen on getting one of these after initially saying I would. I am at home once a day so it’s easy to program it by hand. It’s a great idea for someone that isn’t home for a few days for work or if they’re on holidays. 

Beer Baron

I actually bought it mostly because of the promotional price at the time.   Remote control from a phone app is not really something I particularly needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

I actually bought it mostly because of the promotional price at the time.   Remote control from a phone app is not really something I particularly needed.

Yeah that’s a good point

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered one of these thru inkbird Ebay their buy it now price was $69.

But it had a make an offer button so I offered $59. (Should have gone less)

They came back an said yes $59.

Then I found a promo code for another $3. Off so I got it for $56 and free delivery.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got mine set up with the phone app and it's working well. I haven't plugged anything into it yet but I'm testing the remote connection by measuring the freezer temp. It's sitting at -22.5 at the moment, but I have yet to calibrate the controller. Still figuring out where to set the freezer to maintain around -18 too. 

I'm pretty close to it though at a measly 5000mm or so away 😜

• Like 1

Anyone with the wifi model, do you have any issues with the temp trend graph not recording anything? I stuck it back in the freezer when I went to work this morning and while I've been able to see the live temperature, it's only started recording on the graph since 10am for some reason 🤔

Edited by Otto Von Blotto

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Anyone with the wifi model, do you have any issues with the temp trend graph not recording anything? I stuck it back in the freezer when I went to work this morning and while I've been able to see the live temperature, it's only started recording on the graph since 10am for some reason 🤔

Yep. It will only record from 10am to 11:45pm unfortunately. My trend chart will also have the odd short break in it sometimes which may be due to other things happening on my phone.

Cheers