Coopers Community

New Inkbird 308

Beer Baron

That does look great. I would have preferred this to my ITC-310 that I just bought (the one with up to 12 programmable temp steps) as it does appear you can program and change temperature steps using the app https://www.ink-bird.com/support-faqs-itc308wifi.html 

I assume it would also work over the net to your wifi, so that you could run a mash during the day while at work. 

If I do this with my ITC310, I have to set up a webcam to keep an eye on what it is doing.. 

I'd say you need to make sure the model says "ITC-308WiFi' 

I can vouch for the quality, good solid probe and cable, going by my 310. 

This wifi model would also be good for remote brewfridge temp adustments if you were on holidays and needed to ramp for a diacetyl rest for eg. 

• Like 1

I actually bought an inkbird 308 yesterday on ebay for $48 ... at the time I did not realise they weren't programmable which is a bit of a bummer should have spent the extra 20 and got the 310 me thinks ... I know it will work fine but loved the idea of set and forget then bottle ...   my fault for lack of research ... I did not see the 310 till after i finished  the sale ... 

Edited by MartyG1525230263

27 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I prefer manual setting. If the fermentation doesn't progress at the usual or predicted speed for some reason then the temperature isn't being changed at the wrong time.

Yep and I do like being an active brewer ... SG every day or so ... checking colour, temp etc  it is all part of the process ... but can see the benefit if I was away of programming a brew that you can predict the behaviour of like a pretty standard lager with 34/70 or similar and going away for a couple of weeks and the diaceytl rest and cold crash are done ... 

• 4 weeks later...

I have just set up my WIFI Inkbird. Works well. All the key inputs can be made remotely with your phone. The app also indicates fridge temp, whether the fridge is cooling, or heat cycle is on. It also has an ongoing chart so you can see the temp variation over time.

It would be handy if you want to monitor while you are not home, or whether you want to change the temps or adjust to cold crash if away for several days.

Probably worth having for the additional $15 or so.

Cheers

20190429_164756.thumb.jpg.489522506db1d7ce65c02b0be6ecb8d9.jpg

Edited by Worthog
  • Like 7

Bummer.... It only pairs with your home WIFI, so I can't adjust the unit, or see the unit, when I am away from home. So less advantageous than I first thought.

Oh well, I can still adjust it from the house. 

Cheers

I would be surprised actually if you could not adjust from anywhere on the internet. Maybe you have a local config problem like a firewall or port issue. 

Found this comment from what appears to be an inkbird rep, on an ozbargain thread where it appears inkbird did a flash sale for $55 delivered for this wifi controller last month:

"

AssociatedInkbird on 16/04/2019 - 20:30

It needs to connect to wifi that has the internet connection,then you could control it at any time anywhere.
The special offer will end in 3 hours."

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, headmaster said:

I would be surprised actually if you could not adjust from anywhere on the internet. Maybe you have a local config problem like a firewall or port issue. ...

I think you may be right...... investigating.

Port forwarding should do the trick, just need to know which ports.

Assign your Inkbird a static ip on your home router, forward the right ports and if you have a static public ip you will be laughing.

Then just connect the client software to the right ports on your home router's public ip. Same process as I use to admin my router, alarm and cctv when I'm overseas. 

Cheers, 

John 

14 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Port forwarding should do the trick, just need to know which ports.

Assign your Inkbird a static ip on your home router, forward the right ports and if you have a static public ip you will be laughing.

Then just connect the client software to the right ports on your home router's public ip. Same process as I use to admin my router, alarm and cctv when I'm overseas. 

Cheers, 

John 

Thanks @porschemad911. It works ok with no further adjustment. I don't know why it would not hook up when I was on another WIFI in another town  but I only tried once.

Today it was ok away from home. So all good.

Cheers

• Like 1