Coopers Community

Coopers new beer

supernerdy

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Typical, what makes Melbourne so special 😂

Crowned the "most liveable city" in the world they say.

Not sure I would want to live there given the amount of violent crime of recent times!!

Great Poster/Flyer by Coopers, will have to try it.

Cheers

I'm in SA & have been lucky enough already to sample an early batch version. 🙂

I offered some feedback to Coopers about the beer too.

I'm looking forward to the final product once it's released.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RepSpec said:

I nearly reported that post lusty!

How dare you not tell us how it was!!! We are all your friends...we wont tell anyone!!!

I wish I could say something, but my lips are sealed. 🤐

9 hours ago, RepSpec said:

Any idea how long it is until full release?

As far as I know Coopers are still on track for the proposed Aug/Sept release. You'd need to ask a rep from Coopers for more definitive facts though.

A little birdie tells me they're still tweaking a few aspects after the initial batch/batches were taste tested. The aromatics of this beer I hope they really go after. It will give the beer a real point of difference against the rest of the Coopers range & hopefully help with the beer's longevity after the initial interest from beer drinkers.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Yeah. Probably round a six pack of them! 😜

Right now they're actually sealed around a six pack of Coopers Session Ale,....but close! 😉

Given we're in early May, I'd be very surprised if the final beer has been completely settled on yet, let alone is even close to being moved into full production.

It may have though, I really don't know.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Beerlust said:

Coopers Session Ale

Yum. One of my favourites. Actually need to get a six pack to harvest some yeast from soon. That brew will be about 4 weeks away so I’ll need to work it into the plan.

I’d love to have a crack at it but getting Melba hops anywhere...

Edited by NewBrews

I loved the session ale at first but think somthings changed? Had it on tap 12 months after a break from it and didnt get the same flavours.

I tried ot make a copy with Galaxy and Enigma (substitute for Melba) and wasnt close

I dunno. I've been drinking it on tap ever since it was just a seasonal beer a couple years ago and it's always been consistently good. Although, I had one recently at a local of mine in North Adelaide and it wasn't anything like it should be. I think it was a dud keg or they'd accidentally booked up something to the wrong tap.

I made an attempted clone using the Mex cervesa as a base and galaxy and Citra hops with CCA yeast last Xmas. Was very close to the original and some family members prefered mine to the real thing.

33 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I wonder, with the issues about a shortage of Melba, are Coopers still using it in the Session Ale?

I know there was a fire which wiped out a good chunk of a crop in a warehouse a couple of years ago, but I would have thought we’d have started to see the new crops come through, unless the breweries grabbed all of it after running down their stocks.