Coopers Community

Possible Polyphenol Links With Improved Health

Beerlust

Hi guys.

As part of my job I was doing a little bit of research on a particular wine my liquor group is carrying. To cut a long story short, one of the traits mentioned about the production of the wine was that it was "bottled with 100 times the natural level of Resveratrol." I don't know about all of you, but I had NFI what "resveratrol" is. So I looked into it a little deeper.

Resveratrol is...

"a polyphenol compound found in certain plants and in red wine that has antioxidant properties and has been investigated for possible anti-carcinogenic effects."

Given the mention of polyphenols in other discussions about beer & haze causing aspects, I can now feel a few ears perk up. So what are the benefits of resveratrol?

Resveratrol is part of a group of compounds called polyphenols. They're thought to act like antioxidants, protecting the body against damage that can put you at higher risk for things like cancer and heart disease. It's in the skin of red grapes, but you can also find it in peanuts and berries.

Which led me to this...

https://beerandbrewing.com/dictionary/AqB3u34uGf/

A very interesting string of reads. My view after reading these passages might be a little misguided but almost suggests that a polyphenol haze in your beer may actually be beneficial on some health level(s)? 🤔

What do you think guys & gals?

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived