Coopers Community

There’s something in Sierra Nevada......

MitchBastard

I really enjoy a Sierra Nevada every now and then but there’s something in the pale ale and the tropical IPA that leaves an after taste similar to that of how a plastic bag smells. What is it?

its not off putting but every mouthful all I can think of is the green plastic bags in the fruit and vegetables section of the super market. 

Yeah I wouldn’t think it was contamination from them either. 

And with Charlie Bamforth consulting there now it could possibly get a better quality.....

Thats why I was thinking the oxidation route just due to the slow boat over and already been in the bottle for a few months before shipping.  Realising that flavour being reminiscent of plastic but some people experience tastes differently or possibly explain those tastes differently.

20 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Plastic is usually contamination. 

Considering it’s every time I have one I’d like to think it’s not contamination. Probably oxidation I guess....

11 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

that flavour being reminiscent of plastic but some people experience tastes differently or possibly explain those tastes differently.

It’s not a strong taste I get, just on the back of the tongue maybe after a burp or if I exhale through my nose etc. 

wont stop me buy em. Just curious. 

4 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

wet cardboard like flavours. 

That might be closer to what I’m thinking is plastic. A waxy type of cardboard taste. 

When you grab a sixer, duck into the fruit and vegetables shop and grab a green plastic bag too. Have a whiff. Lol

Archived