Coopers Community

Plastic bottles

Unkiedrunkie

I’ve never had any duds even after a few months in pet bottles. I pulled some out of the cupboard the other day that have been in there since October last year and are literally rock hard and even the top of the lids have bubbled out....maybe if you’re planning on having some hang around for a while, check the lids are tight every now and then?

51 minutes ago, Unkiedrunkie said:

Interested to know if the plastic bottles are renound to lose the carbonation after a while....

They're very good. I throw the bottle away if their flat. I've thrown 2 in approximately 1000, irrespective of the cause.

I drink them out to months. I just drank an Irish Stout 10 months old, which was good.

Make sure your sugar addition process is good and you don't miss any, then use those twisting muscles, Unkiedrunkie. 

Cheers

14 hours ago, MUZZY said:

That's why I use a tea towel,

I use multigrips to give that last 1/4 a turn ...    anyway i am getting out of Plastics .... I have way too many bottles and all my tallies, over 300, are going, sold 75 PET for $30 a couple of months ago and have another 75 that I am about to advertise ... I picked up 11 carton of 15 for $45.00 last year so I am ahead ...  I just don't like them ... they are mongrels in the beer fridge always falling over and causing blood havoc ....  however, i think they are really good for aging dark beers like dark ales and stouts ... 

1 hour ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

I use multigrips to give that last 1/4 a turn ...    anyway i am getting out of Plastics ... ...  I just don't like them ... they are mongrels in the beer fridge always falling over and causing blood havoc ....  however, i think they are really good for aging dark beers like dark ales and stouts ... 

Multi-grips is a bit aggressive, Marty. I agree they are shite-ful to refrigerate due to base.

I am now all glass for bottling, I just think they are a tad better for chilling and taste.

I may use some for aging darker beers this winter... protection from potential bombs, good insurance.

Cheers

Archived