Coopers Community

What is an XPA??

3 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that is not a grain my LHBS carries....

Oh.   I think of toffee malt as more like an ultra-light crystal malt so I wonder if any malt that is sub light crystal would do the same job, more or less.  🤔 

from all the ones ive seen, they tend to be fruity/citrusy and more hop forward than a "standard pale ale", but with a 4-5%abv compared to a 6+% for a IPA or similar.

Im assuming they use lighter malts (as listed above).

My two cents, its not a pale ale, but not an IPA...its in the middle flavour wise, but closer to Pale in colour and malts profile. Hence the Xtra pale ale.

Someone get a Venn-diagram out 🤔

So...begs the question...has anyone seen an XIPA...or would that just be a IIPA?

pfft...i need a beer after that

On 4/11/2019 at 10:13 AM, RepSpec said:

from all the ones ive seen, they tend to be fruity/citrusy and more hop forward than a "standard pale ale", but with a 4-5%abv compared to a 6+% for a IPA or similar.

Without sounding like a smartass, the stykes pale and IPA blend. I honestly don’t know where this “style” come from.

Mind you this is American pale and American IPA 

D34D80CB-F7A0-4662-AA82-5FC2F0AFBAC4.jpeg

94045CA2-10A5-47B5-A9B1-689E611D8300.jpeg

45 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

I honestly don’t know where this “style” come from.

D34D80CB-F7A0-4662-AA82-5FC2F0AFBAC4.jpeg

94045CA2-10A5-47B5-A9B1-689E611D8300.jpeg

You’re such a smartarse Captain ha ha ha. 

I started this thread to try and understand the ‘XPA’ but I don’t think there is a definitive answer. 

I think it was just a marketing idea from a beer company to try and sells beers. 

Beer Baron

As I work in the industry, occasionally I get some inside intel.

What is an XPA?

Without wishing to be too much of a spoiler, in around August/September Coopers will enter the fray with an offering in this space initially available on tap in pubs & hotels etc.

I've seen the makeup of the beer & the hop mix looks really clever for this style & different to what I've seen other breweries do in this space. 😎

Coopers new favourite colour is purple. 😁 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

Archived