Coopers Community

MY FIRST FAIL

Hi everyone

3 months ago I made my first Aztec gold ,and it turned out really great, and enjoyable to drink ,in-between full strength beer such as pacific summer ale , that I have been brewing for nearly a year  now, one one and one off, as I have 2 fermenting vessels going at the same time. I have been doing the same  cleaning with Milton anti bacterial tablets, 6 tablets to 10 litres of water ,anyway  I made another Aztec  gold  and the yeast didn't activate ,and was it my problem  or the yeast on the can was out of date, it was dated 2020 ,also how can you tell that the yeast on top of the can is out of date cheers  brian

1 hour ago, australian pale ale said:

I made another Aztec  gold  and the yeast didn't activate

Hey Brian,

Unusual for the yeast not to work.  What type of fermenting vessel do you use? Does it have an airlock?  Did you check the SG?

it was in the coopers fermenting vessel , for 7 days  around 22- 24 degrees ,also I rinsed it in water before making the brew ,also it did not have that Mexican flavour about it..as the first one did. And as the video says  try the taste before bottling, otherwise save your money, anyway cut my loss and start a new one, thanks guys and gals for your help ,,,,  

Archived