Coopers Community

Hot water urn

John304

Actually it dosent look bad for the price. My only concern is the temperature control as this is primarily a boiler. You could hook up an inkbird to get your mash temperature, then let it go for the boil. Following this if you decide to purchase. So keep us posted.

I was single when I bought the majority of my brewing equipment, the keg system being the most expensive of all. Swmbo is pretty laid back about it as long as there's room to store it, she actually encouraged the purchase of the bar 😮 but I don't really need anything else except the second fridge now which already has the green light. Just gotta get off my arse and get one 😂

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Very interesting indeed. There's a 48 ltr and 38 ltr option by the same seller as well for a bit less coin. 

This could be the push needed to get me over into biab.

If only SWMBO was on board...

To be perfectly honest i would go for the 38l version. Unless you brewing big batches it should be enough.

1 hour ago, Mark D Pirate said:

Only concern really is the wattage I couldn't see any listed,  even a 3000 watt element is going to take a long time to bring 50+ litres to boil / strike temp 

Mark,the guy says the 48 Lt, which is really 42ltr is 2500 watt 

Lol 48 litre really 42 litre. How do they get away with that? Surely it's false advertising. I'd be pretty miffed if I bought something advertised as a certain volume then found it to be somewhat lower in reality, even if it is cheap for what it is. 

For reference, the crown urns hold about 43 litres to the brim and have a 2400 watt element and work well. Not that I ever fill it that high 😜

• Like 2