Coopers Community

Best Bottle Cleaning Methods?

MitchellScott

1 hour ago, Detroit D said:

Interesting stuff Marty G, my regime seems quite lacking compared to others. I rinse out  after I pour the beer, scrub the neck (using tallies). stand them for a bit, then later on tip the last bit of water out... then store. Bottling day I pour in 50mm of Brew mart pink neo, swish around then rinse with tap water

and bet it works a treat ... 

I used to just rinse after emptying, soak in percarbonate, rinse, drain, store then fill. No starsan although it is probably not a bad idea. 

I used to notice bottles developing a film inside them when they were only rinsed with water so I decided to start soaking them which prevented it coming back.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:41 PM, Worthog said:

And for those who steep grains and late hops, and have noticed the internal bottle glazing and scum lines, PB2 has the definitive solution;

Cheers

Yes, if you make hoppy beers regularly then you are eventually going to see a build up of oily residue on the inside of bottles which in my experience is not removed with a sodium perc soak.   I resort to brushing but it seems a dilute bleach solution clearly does the job also.   Personal preference I guess.

Archived