Coopers Community

Beef Jerky Recipe

Classic Brewing Co

Hey man that looks good, I like your smoker, I have tried it several ways;

• EZIDRY ULTRA FD1000   www.hydraflow.co.nz
  • Oven
  • Hooded BBQ
  • Weber with added Hickory Chips on the coals

I reckon it's a toss up with the EZYDRY or WEBER, but I have varied the recipe many times. Yes it was mine, but a lot of the faint hearted chaps can't stand the Chilli content, however there is a lot of good ways to create different tastes, a mate of mine uses Bourbon & Coffee, but you end up P......

If I was you I wouldn't invite anyone around as they might drink your beer & eat your jerky.

Cheers

Phil

• Haha 1

Haha yer she looks hot, I can’t go to too heavy with chilli cause the missus but usually give one rack a touch more than the others. 😉

Just sent your recipe to a mate, that’s a classic. Cool how you made that and shared.

I cold smoke it for an hour or so then throw in hydrator. I have liquid smoke like your recipe and also use that when time is short.

I want to try some roo jerky next.

Hey Beers Gone Wild,

I understand lot's of people can't handle Chilli, you either like or you don't. Most people tell me it's too hot ( Hello, so is the sun ) however you don't have to make it like a B.. Burner.

There are lots of other nice combinations available to suit every palette. 

I am always experimenting with different twists to the original concept, however I am not sure about Roo/Camel/Crocodile etc .. I expect its' nice, but for the moment I will stick with Beef.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

20190311_155522.thumb.jpg.512dedd664a2fbdc0df0338bc50aa1ff.jpg

Guys on the subject of Jerky, I came across this in Coles, my local is Castle Plaza Sopping Centre/Edwardstown SA, it was reduced to $1.25 to clear, normally $6.50, I bought the last remaining boxes 2 x 12 units each, it is kin awesome !! I will still continue to make my own, but couldn't leave that there... goes perfectly with my Coopers Draught with added Grain & Hops ( attached )

I wonder why it was reduced as the Best before was next year ?

Cheers

Phil

pork jerky.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I wonder why it was reduced as the Best before was next year ?

Probably just a deleted line. They will clear products out to make room on shelves for new products coming in. There is finite shelf space but only so many lines they can stock.  They'll usually stock the ones that will draw customers in and the ones that suppliers will pay the most shelf space for.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, Spudley said:

Make quite a lot a Jerky, namely Roo , Camel and Beef , the guys at work love it , the bloody dog will walk over water for it 👍🍺🍻

18FFA611-497E-4226-B561-940B8AC0B9FC.jpeg

Spudley, I'm impressed with the relative uniformity of your slices. Whenever I slice meat for jerky I end up with all different shapes and sizes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Spudley, I'm impressed with the relative uniformity of your slices. Whenever I slice meat for jerky I end up with all different shapes and sizes.

You should get a meat slicer. I got one for slicing up my bacon and it's bloody good. Nice, uniform slices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

You should get a meat slicer. I got one for slicing up my bacon and it's bloody good. Nice, uniform slices.

For one batch, I had one on loan from an Italian friend who does a lot of home made culinary delights and it was a treat to use. However, I don't make jerky often enough to warrant buying one. It's on the "maybe, one day" list of things to get. 🙂

15 hours ago, MUZZY said:

The secret is to cut , slice when half frozen 👍🍺🍻

57 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I suppose being a Cook in the Army helped with a bit, I have a large collection of Knives, so I am always using them for something. 🔪😁🍻

I couldn't help but think of Seinfeld when I read your post.

Frank: Inchon, Korea, 1950. I was the best cook Uncle Sam ever saw, slinging
hash for the Fighting 103rd. As we marched north, our supply lines were getting
thin. One day a couple of GIs found a crate, inside were six hundred pounds of
prime Texas steer. At least it once was prime. The Use date was three weeks
past, but I was arrogant, I was brash, I thought if I used just the right
spices, cooked it long enough...

Kramer: What happened?

Frank: I went too far. I over seasoned it. Men were keeling over all around
me. I can still hear the retching, the screaming. I sent sixteen of my own men
to the latrines that night. They were just boys.

Kramer: Frank, you were a boy too. And it was war. It was a crazy time for
everyone.

Frank: Tell that to Bobby Colby. All that kid wanted to do was go home. Well
he went home alright, with a crater in his colon the size of a cutlet. Had to
sit him on a cork the eighteen-hour flight home!

• Haha 3