Coopers Community

Tap

paulgf

Hello well i just started brewing and bought my Coopers diy 23 litre kit.   I went to bottle it on Friday and as i opened the tap it fell in half and the beer poured everywhere, There was mass panic...........and disappointment as it was not usable and i couldn't make another batch as planned.   On examination one of the tap lugs was missing and two of the others had split and lifted away, as though they were perished.   I only washed the new kit in warm water, was very gentle with the tap and applied olive oil to the o rings as suggested.  Has anyone else had this issue. I have written to customer care over the weekend and await their response.

tap.jpg

tap1.jpg

tap2.jpg

Thanks Shamus, i managed to save the beer below tap level, although it got a bit shook up in the process. I have ordered two more taps ,so i have a spare. Probably just bad luck,never mind will be doing the next batch once the taps arrive.

Going to try a cerveza next then an English bitter. Going for easy recipes to start with.

That's a tragedy on your first brew.  There really isn't a whole lot you could have done about it.

The tap has always been the weak link in the Coopers fermenter.  Just recently one of mine broke the back lug which means the whole assembly wanted to wiggle out of the fermenter.  I 'fixed' it mid brew by running electrical tape around the tap and the whole tub so it looked like one of those rugby players whose nose is taped onto their face.  It worked though and I saved the brew,

Your experience has convinced me to buy a couple more taps quick smart.

Customer service have been very understanding and are sorting the issue out, which is much appreciated.  It hasnt put me off brewing with my coopers kit and i will have the new batch going as soon as i get a new tap.   Thanks for the replies, Paul

Archived