Coopers Community

Too many beers to try

MitchBastard

Too many too try?  What is there, like 10,000 breweries with an average of 4 beers each? I'll check, hold on a minute.  OK 19000 breweries, but lets go with an average of 4?.  That's only 72000 beers, long weekend?  Let's go with 100,000 beers divided by 20 a day:  5000 days mate, go for it, you can do it!!!  Less than 14 years!!  It's done!!!

I do find it gets a bit repetitive sometimes though, like this pale ale or IPA tastes pretty much the same as 2000 other examples. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, but I don't really feel like I'm trying anything new or different either.

I have tried some styles and didn't particularly like them so I haven't felt a need to go back to them. Sours aren't my thing at all. Tried a tripel once and it was too sweet, but not sure if that's a characteristic of them or just a crappy example, may revisit that one. I don't like the esters and phenols in wheat beers. I just drink what I enjoy, some people like a lot of different styles, I don't and I don't feel like I'm missing anything, but I am glad to have tried the styles I don't like because at least I gave them a chance. After all, that's also how I found the ones I do like 😉

Archived