Coopers Community

Brewing temp for session ale

wazznotwazz

Hi there, finally got my temp control and brew fridge semi-organised today with a fresh brew of All in brewery Session Ale. 

I’ve got the temp control on 18~19 degrees. Does that sound about right?

It’s a harvested ale yeast. Can’t remember the name right now,  does it matter?

Thanks Heaps!

image.jpg

Gday Wazz,

Nice work on ya brew fridge and temp control, like the other lads have said, looks good to me. 

One thing I would do for your next brews is try to remember/write down in a brew book what ingredients you have used. Including your yeast. There are many forms of ale yeast, some that like cooler temps and others warmer. Some throw esters at slightly warmer temps then 19 that are actually nice in certain styles of beer. 

Then when you have your beer on the pour, go back to your brew book, and write some tasting notes. Go over what your ingredients were in it and do this over a few brews and before too long you’ll start recognising your better beers, or ones that you prefer and what’s in them. 

Good luck with the brew Wazz, hope she turns out a ripper for ya. Looking forward to seeing this in the RDWHAHB thread. I’ve heard this one is a good one.

Captain

Thanks guys. It’s brewing along nicely. I usually do keep a good record of ingredients etc in the hand book. Was having a lazy moment yesterday after organising garage all day. This will be the first properly controlled temp brew in years of brewing. Looking forward to the improvement. Cheers Wazz

I could put this in a different topic, but while I'm here, I just noticed a interesting 'artifact' on the krausen of the brew I laid down yesterday - see attached pic.

It may not be that clear but is is a circle with a defined line, much like a ringworm mark on the skin (sorry for the comparison).

Any ideas?

Krausen.jpeg

1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Just fermentation of the wort. I’ve had Krausen that resembled a lepers skin and the beer was perfect 

Thanks it just seemed funny in that one particular spot.

PS I meant to post this on another post sorry!

Archived