Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

17 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

I've played bball most of my life, once or twice a week nowadays. 

I do like to watch NBL (don't follow anyone) / NBA (Pacers fan) and AFL (Kangaroos fan), but virtually never get time to. 

Cheers, 

John

Former Cannons fan?

In between the cricket fests is Le Tour which begins in Brussels this year so maybe I need to whip up a Saison as well.

If you are into late night TV sport in Winter then this year is going to be huge...

2019 Cricket World Cup (AEST)  telecast on Nine

Saturday 1 June 2019  Australia v Afghanistan  County Ground, Bristol  22.30
Thursday 6 June 2019 Australia v West Indies  Trent Bridge Nottingham 19.30
Sunday 9 June 2019 Australia v India  The Oval, London 19.30
Wednesday 12 June 2019 Australia v Pakistan  Taunton Somerset 19.30
Saturday 15 June 2019 Australia v Sri Lanka  The Oval London  19.30
Thursday 20 June 2019  Australia v Bangladesh  Trent Bridge Nottingham  19.30
Tuesday 25 June 2019 Australia v England  Lord's, London  19.30
Saturday 29 June 2019  Australia v New Zealand  Lord's London  22.30
Saturday 6 July 2019  Australia v South Africa  Old Trafford, Manchester  22.30   (Le Tour begins in Brussels)  SBS
Tuesday 9 July 2019  First Semi Final  Old Trafford Manchester  19.30
Thursday 11 July 2019 Second Semi Final  Edgbaston Birmingham  19.30
Sunday 14 July 2019  World Cup Final  Lords, London  19.30  (same night as the men's final at Wimbeldon (Seven) and the British Grand Prix at Silverstone (Ten))

The British Open Golf Championship (TBA) begins on Thursday 18 July and concludes on Sunday 21 July at Royal Portsrush, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

(Le Tour concludes in Paris Sunday 28 July 2019)

2019 Ashes  telecast on Nine

1-6 August 2019 : First Test Edgbaston, Birmingham
14-19 August 2019 : Second Test, Lord's, London
22-27 August 2019 ; Third Test  Headingley, Leeds
4 - 9 September 2019 : Fourth Test Old Trafford, Manchester
12-17 September 2019 : Fifth Test  The Oval, London

Edited by James of Bayswater
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, James of Bayswater said:

night TV sport in Winter

Think I might have to move to Perth again this winter. Watched most of last years Le Tour at almost prime time! Was the most of the race that I think I’ve seen!

Just one of the many great things of being there.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself, Rugby League rusted on Souths supporter ... no choice in it the family was there from the start in 1908 ... my uncle played for them in the up till 1924 then went on to be an administrator for nearly 50 years ... played Masters until a few years ago and was lucky enough to play for the Australian over 50's side to play NZ ... just proves doesn't matter how crap you are if you last long enough you will get recognition ...   

Also horse racing is another love ... don't punt but do own 2 horses at the moment ... have a small share in a horse that has done quite well has won a Group 1, 2 Group 2's, a Group 3 and raced in Dubai ... and have a huge share in a 2 year old filly about to start racing ... the wife comes from a racing family which is full of ex jockeys, trainers, strappers, owners and breakers/educators ...  so love going to watch the horses run, have a few beers, and a bet or 2 ... 

was once very fond of cricket but that has waned over the years and watch very little of it ... loved test cricket but there is now so much cricket on the tele and to be honest not interested in watching mediocre bowlers bowling to mediocre batsmen in the T20 Big Bash  ...  

Edited by MartyG1525230263
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Titan said:

AFL Collingwood fan here. Keep my eye on Aberdeen in the SPL and Man U in England. Dallas cowboys in the American football.

I thought you were cool after reading the first sentence but then you mention the other 3...............

• Haha 1

I absolutely live and breathe sport!! 

If my teams perform poorly it actually makes me angry for days. 

So this weekend Dragons were s$&t and lost!! 

Leeds United lost a crucial game at home. They had 17 shot for ZERO on target and lost.......

Sydney FC just lost at home. They had 8 shots for ZERO on target and lost......

Why do I bother with sport. It makes me furious. Luckily I have spent the weekend at work. If I was a home I would’ve taken my TV out to the street and smashed it into a million pieces with a hammer. 

I can feel my blood boiling. F$&k f$&k f$&k😡

• Haha 2

I love sport but I move on pretty quickly.  The Doggies lost 40-6 but I am used to losing now 😋

My team lost a couple of grand finals in the not too distant past and I was fine with it. It’s just a game.

4 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

I just woke up and I’m STILL angry. 10 days to go until I can have a beer.........

Now I know why you are angry.

I found I become less concerned about the result as I get older.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2019 at 9:16 PM, Beer Baron said:

If my teams perform poorly it actually makes me angry for days.

Yeah that's why I prefer playing to watching, even if you lose it's still fun as long as you give it your best shot. Although I usually can't help replaying all my crap shots and passes in my head the next day. But even if you're kicking yourself for all the mistakes, at least your body is aching nicely and you're going to be that little bit better the next time you play in a few days. Hate the breaks though, when you come back and can't do anything! 

Cheers, 

John

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Beer Baron said:

I am getting more involved as I get older. I wish it wasn’t the case

As my dad has got older he can watch less and less of a game. He can barely get through the first half these days and needs someone to tell him the score or catch it on the news after it's finished.

It's across all sports unless it's not a team he supports. I'm kinda getting the same. Being an Eels fan will do that to you.

• Like 1

Jumped on the 76ers bandwagon once Simmons was selected, so follow them when I get a chance to stream a game. Am just interested to see if a team that intentionally tanked year after year can actually use that strategy and win the championship.

Follow the F1 - but with the ridiculous television rights in Australia where we can only watch 1 race a year without paying for KAYO or Foxtel or whatever it is, my interest has gone away a little bit. Seems to be happening with a lot of sports these days which is disappointing. Couldn't even watch the ODI Cricket games on free to air which is an outrage

Love my Cycling and follow any road races that are televised but mainly for the Tour de France. I usually love following that because after watching it, it gives me the urge to get out there on my bike until I realise I am not a pro and the idea of me riding up a freaking cliff face is ridiculous haha.

Used to be heavily into the Premier League as a Liverpool supporter

Cant stand the AFL or the NRL - just the off field nonsense drives me insane so I ditched that years ago. Used to just watch the State of Origin as a one off, but now cant even be bothered with that.

I watched the recent game between the 76'ers & the Bucks (who are the divisional front runners atm). It was a Bucks home game & Philly managed to get over the top of them & looked comfortable doing it despite their lairizing throughout the game. I thought JJ Redick's jump shooting while in motion at different angles was outstanding in the first half.  I couldn't believe the amount of 3 point attempts thrown up by each team over the course of the game. Ben (Simmons) hands the ball off a lot & at times needs to impose himself on the game as he has a lot of talent & when he did in this game he was extremely impressive offensively.

The 76'ers have a very talented line-up this year. They are on a 6 game win streak atm & I look forward to watching them in the playoffs. They need to be a bit more serious about their game play though if they ever expect to win it.

Cheers,

Lusty.