Coopers Community

Aust pale ale and BE2 $18 bundle

Malter White

1 minute ago, Beerlust said:

If you make the effort to speak with the manager there (& ask nicely), they will likely stock the item (provided they have room) to see how it goes.

I had a similar issue at my local Foodland & PB2 suggested I do the same. I wanted the 500gm pure Coopers light dry malt, so spoke with the Manager. It's now a regular line at my local Drakes Foodland & walks off the shelves to the point where I can't @#$%ing get any sometimes! LOL 😋

Cheers,

Lusty.

As a former gun (cough, cough) of the FMCG industry, I fully concur with this. The independent grocers have the flexibility to stock items at store level that the duopoly don't have.
Love the Drake! 😉

On 8 February 2019 at 11:24 PM, Beerlust said:

If you make the effort to speak with the manager there (& ask nicely), they will likely stock the item (provided they have room) to see how it goes.

I had a similar issue at my local Foodland & PB2 suggested I do the same. I wanted the 500gm pure Coopers light dry malt, so spoke with the Manager. It's now a regular line at my local Drakes Foodland & walks off the shelves to the point where I can't @#$%ing get any sometimes! LOL 😋

Cheers,

Lusty.

SWMBO works for Drakes and suggested I should talk to the grocery manager, which store did you speak to Lusty?

1 hour ago, Hermoor said:

SWMBO works for Drakes and suggested I should talk to the grocery manager, which store did you speak to Lusty?

I live out North. The Whites Road Drakes Foodland in Salisbury North. All the staff there are great. Very friendly & helpful. If they could get permissions to build a larger store on the sight, they'd kick some serious arse against the two national chains smothering the local area.

Cheers,

Lusty.

15 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I live out North. The Whites Road Drakes Foodland in Salisbury North. All the staff there are great. Very friendly & helpful. If they could get permissions to build a larger store on the sight, they'd kick some serious arse against the two national chains smothering the local area.

Cheers,

Lusty.

What do they slug u for extract tins and DME at your local Drakes lusty?

2 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

What do they slug u for extract tins and DME at your local Drakes lusty?

My Drakes carries the Coopers OS range + the AUS Pale Ale kit. The OS range is usually around $11 - $12.00. The AUS Pale Ale kit is around $14 - $15 these days. The spray dried light malt extract is usually $6 - $7 per 500gms.

I purchase the unhopped Coopers Liquid Malt extracts from my LHBS.

Cheers,

Lusty.

4 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I wish we had a drakes....... I don’t even know what drakes is. Ha ha ha ha

It's an independent supermarket chain. They bought quite a few IGA supermarkets here in Qld in the last few years. They're apparently fairly big in SA. We have one around the corner but I never checked if they stock HB stuff.

14 hours ago, Beerlust said:

You give away your WA-ness without even knowing it sometimes! 🤣

No independent grocery chains over there?

Cheers,

Lusty.

There is but few and far between. 

I shop at a local farmers market for veges, meat and all that, and just toiletries cleaners and the likes from woolies only because that’s the closest one to me.

15 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I wish we had a drakes....... I don’t even know what drakes is. Ha ha ha ha

Largest independent grocery retailer in Australia. I'm somewhat fond of them. I worked for them as a teenager when they only had 5 stores in Adelaide. 34 years later my daughter has a part time job with them and they have over 50 stores across SA & Qld. Founder, Roger Drake, is a very nice, down to earth fella.

https://www.drakes.com.au/about/

Archived