Coopers Community

New brewery, new beer?

Kai

well coopers do have a NEW DRAUGHT and a NEW LIGHT which is a new version of those product which brewed at the old premises i have tasted them i dont mind the light but not keen on the draught anyway give me a pale ale or sparkling ale

Coopers have renamed their NEW light and NEW draught to REGENCY Light and REGENCY draught.

According to the press release, it is to celebrate the new home.

They also mention an agreement with Tooheys to change the name.

I would think that Tooheys was a tad upset because of their Toohey's new!

William

Coopers Light and Draught changed in January this year and we rebadged those beers as New Light and New Draught at the time to let the public know that they were different. We never intended to keep the word "New" on the label indefinitely (you can hardly justify calling something "New" for ever). William is correct in saying that "Regency" was chosen to celebrate our move to Regency Park.

Frank - Coopers Brewery

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with jazman. Coopers Draught and light are brewed lagers. Better than the like of West End and whatever else. But Sparkling Ale, Stout, and Pale Ale are the Flagship of our Coopers. Coopers !!! Please dont ever change these naturally brewed nectars. :D

• 1 year later...
Coopers Light and Draught changed in January this year and we rebadged those beers as New Light and New Draught at the time to let the public know that they were different. We never intended to keep the word "New" on the label indefinitely (you can hardly justify calling something "New" for ever). William is correct in saying that "Regency" was chosen to celebrate our move to Regency Park.

Frank - Coopers Brewery

Man, how did I miss this POSTING, must have had cloudy bubbles in my eyes. Anyway, point of posting is, as a hobbyist bottle collector, I like to collect different variations of beer bottles, and it seems did not even see the "New" varieties on the shelves, went straight from "Light" to "Regency Light" and same for Draught.

Can anyone help in advising if they have, or know where I may get my hands on a bottle (even if they're empty, actually, preferably empty) of each "New Light" and "New Draught" for my collection. Willing to discuss co$t$. Thanks in advance.

Gday Paul.....yes i have enjoyed Special Old Stout. Much rounder taste than Best Extra. My wife, who isnt a stout drinker, also likes one or two Specials.

I am worried though that Best Extra Stout is dipping in alcohol content, maybe taking away from its original taste......which by the way is a fav of mine along with Sparkling Ale.

Please Coopers, dont compromise your famous brews !!! By taking from their original flavour............You are only asking for trouble. :cry:

Thanks for your reply Paul.....Once a Coopers lover, Always !!!!!

P.S. ....as ive said in above posts, and another membership, but its still the same ol Adam.......Coopers, please dont mess with your flagships !!!! :(

P.P.S. ( Rounder taste doesnt always mean better for us astute Ale lovers )...What is your aim Coopers in reducing Best Extra's Alc Content ??.......( I hope it isnt money saving, because that doesnt usually work ).....I love the brew for what it is......bring on winter. :P

Yes Kai,

the level of alcohol increases the excise which pushes the retail price up.

We have experienced a constant stream of feedback over the past few years from our long term Best Extra Stout customers saying the price is getting too high for their budget. In response, the brewing team set about developing a Best Extra Stout recipe aimed at 0.5% less alcohol while not compromising flavour. We think they nailed it!

Archived