Sign in to follow this  
MUZZY

Dutch Heineken longnecks $1.75 each

I was looking for a beer bargain and found Heineken longnecks at BWS for $3 each or 2 for $13. Odd I know but I tried ordering 7 online. Went to checkout and got quoted $45.50. Hmmm!?!

So I cancelled the 7 and tried ordering just one. Quote: $3. So I placed 7 separate orders of 1 bottle each. Total $21.

Went to pick them up and they were packed in a box for me and I took them home. Get home and find there's 12 in the box. Winning.

And before anyone suggests I've done the wrong thing, yes I may have but I also had a very unpleasant experience at this particular store a few months ago and vowed never to go back there. The only other store nearby didn't have stock so I had to swallow my pride and shop at BWS Unpleasant Heights. 😄

IMG_20190126_202014.jpg

• Like 1

I'm prepared to let BWS have their 5 extra bottles back. They can click & collect them from me if they want them. 🙂

Made out like a bandit there mate. I wonder what a home brewer could do with a dozen long neck bottles...

39 minutes ago, Farls said:

Made out like a bandit there mate. I wonder what a home brewer could do with a dozen long neck bottles...

And they're crown seal bottles not twist tops, Farls. Sweeeet. 😄

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I was looking for a beer bargain and found Heineken longnecks at BWS for $3 each or 2 for $13. Odd I know but I tried ordering 7 online. Went to checkout and got quoted $45.50. Hmmm!?!

So I cancelled the 7 and tried ordering just one. Quote: $3. So I placed 7 separate orders of 1 bottle each. Total $21.

Went to pick them up and they were packed in a box for me and I took them home. Get home and find there's 12 in the box. Winning.

And before anyone suggests I've done the wrong thing, yes I may have but I also had a very unpleasant experience at this particular store a few months ago and vowed never to go back there. The only other store nearby didn't have stock so I had to swallow my pride and shop at BWS Unpleasant Heights. 😄

IMG_20190126_202014.jpg

If it was a small independent bottle shop then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and would inform them of there mistake. BWS, Dans or any other of the big boys who have been screwing those small little blokes for years deserve all they get. Will happily drink to there mistake and sleep like a baby knowing it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Twist tops are still crown seal bottles 😜

Pedantry, young Otto. Pedantry. 😄

• Haha 1

Score. I agree, small independent bottlo, I'd take them back. Bugger woolies etc. 

Reminds me of a certain restaurant with its namesake being a highly regarded international chef.

Went for dinner, 8 people. no split bills. No worries. I Swiped away, bill paid for as far as we were informed. Thank you, good nite.

Fast forward a week. SWMBO gets an email from the restaurant asking us to come back and pay another $100 because the staff on the till stuffed up and accidentally bumped the cash button on the till instead of EFT.

Nope. We didn't stitch them up, or leave without paying or do anything dishonest. The bill we got was for X amount at that time and we paid that amount and completed the required transaction. 

We never heard back from them. Probably karma as the service was atrocious and half the meals came out while half the table already had deserts. We won't go back...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Score. I agree, small independent bottlo, I'd take them back. Bugger woolies etc. 

Reminds me of a certain restaurant with its namesake being a highly regarded international chef.

Went for dinner, 8 people. no split bills. No worries. I Swiped away, bill paid for as far as we were informed. Thank you, good nite.

Fast forward a week. SWMBO gets an email from the restaurant asking us to come back and pay another $100 because the staff on the till stuffed up and accidentally bumped the cash button on the till instead of EFT.

Nope. We didn't stitch them up, or leave without paying or do anything dishonest. The bill we got was for X amount at that time and we paid that amount and completed the required transaction. 

We never heard back from them. Probably karma as the service was atrocious and half the meals came out while half the table already had deserts. We won't go back...

Definitely Karma, Karlos.
On my previous visit to this BWS, all I needed was a bag of ice. There was a queue at the checkout. I got in line as one does. As I get to the cashier a young woman comes from another direction and proceeds to get served before me. I let it slide because maybe she didn't realise there was a queue (or maybe she did and she was just plain rude).  But then cashier, as is his duty, asked her for ID. So now I have to wait for Miss Rude to find her ID. The next thing I know Miss Rude has a friend with her who comes waltzing up to the counter with her arms full of bottles and Mr Cashier wants her ID as well. Then Miss Rude and friend can't decide who is paying for what and "I don't know if I have enough points to pay for all this" and "maybe I'll pay points for this and paywave for that" and it went on and on.
Now remember I only wanted a bag of ice, I'm in line and had cash in hand ready to go. I couldn't contain my rage any longer and gave Miss Rude and friend the biggest profanity laden spray I could muster. To which wimpy cashier guy says, "Sir, I won't serve you if you're going to talk like that." I walked out.
I went to the supermarket next door, walked the length of their store to the ice, went through their checkouts and back past the BWS. I looked in the door and Miss Rude and her retard friend are still holding up the waiting throng.
I vowed never to go there again but the other BWS nearby didn't have the cheap Heineken in stock on Saturday. It was definitely karma. 😄

• Haha 2

I hate that. No one has any manners or common courtesy anymore. "Me first, F you Jack"

I used to pay attention to who walked up to my bar years ago to make sure who was there first.  People used to get narky when they'd make eye contact, then get told the person down the bar was next as they were there first. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 8:44 PM, MUZZY said:

IMG_20190126_202014.jpg

Muzzy when u placed 7 individual orders, did they ask any questions or give U any issues when u went to pick them up?

There's one not far from me so I'll give this a crack tomorrow when they reopen

5 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

Muzzy when u placed 7 individual orders, did they ask any questions or give U any issues when u went to pick them up?

There's one not far from me so I'll give this a crack tomorrow when they reopen

No issues happened on Saturday. Just produced my ID and received my beer. One odd thing is I placed 7 orders but only got 1 confirmation sms......until today. I received the remaining 6 confirmations today. I went back today to try my luck to see if they had any more for me but they said it must've been some kind of glitch in the system. 😄😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guessing that paper sticker on the bottom means you got decent imported Heineken not the Sydney-brewed swill! Nice work!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silmaril said:

Guessing that paper sticker on the bottom means you got decent imported Heineken not the Sydney-brewed swill! Nice work!

Most certainly, Silmaril. That's why I headed this thread Dutch Heineken. I was happy just getting them for $3 each but when I jagged another 5 for free it brought the price down to $1.75 each. That's almost into home brewing price range. 😄

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

Most certainly, Silmaril. That's why I headed this thread Dutch Heineken. I was happy just getting them for $3 each but when I jagged another 5 for free it brought the price down to $1.75 each. That's almost into home brewing price range. 😄

I checked out BWS online, and neither of my two local stores have any in stock sadly. 

A long time ago now, I used to go to the Mediterranean supermarket in Brunswick, as they'd have 3-packs of imported Heineken longnecks at a decent price. The flavour difference between imported and Sydney-produced is unreal. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

No issues happened on Saturday. Just produced my ID and received my beer. One odd thing is I placed 7 orders but only got 1 confirmation sms......until today. I received the remaining 6 confirmations today. I went back today to try my luck to see if they had any more for me but they said it must've been some kind of glitch in the system. 😄😄

Worth a shot I spose. I might get a few and do a side by side. The only time I've really drank Heineken is when it was the best option (amongst shit) or there's nothing else at a free piss up or similar, so chances are it's the locally brewed stuff. Will be interested to see the difference.

5 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

Worth a shot I spose. I might get a few and do a side by side. The only time I've really drank Heineken is when it was the best option (amongst shit) or there's nothing else at a free piss up or similar, so chances are it's the locally brewed stuff. Will be interested to see the difference.

Just a heads up, Karlos. The $3 a bottle was a glitch in their system and the price was achieved by ordering only one bottle. If I ordered more than one at a time the price went to 2 for $13. (no good). I reckon the reason I got 12 bottles is because the pickers misread the order and picked 1 box instead of 1 bottle. So you possibly won't get 12 for $21 as I did. However, $3 a longneck is still good.

Yeah all over it Muz. I tried it this morning and like u say, once U add more than 1 to your cart the price jumps. 

My local bws doesn't have them, but the one in the next suburb over has X amount. So I'll place X separate orders of 1 each like u and just pick them up at once. I'm not banking on getting an extra cheeky 5 like u did, but for $3 each it's still a good buy. Can't understand the 2 for $13 logic (or lack thereof) when they're $3 each. 

Failing that, I'll go down to uncle Dan's, show them the $3 each advertised price and get them to match it.

If successful I'll go via Bunnings on my way home and get a couple snags to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

Yeah all over it Muz. I tried it this morning and like u say, once U add more than 1 to your cart the price jumps. 

My local bws doesn't have them, but the one in the next suburb over has X amount. So I'll place X separate orders of 1 each like u and just pick them up at once. I'm not banking on getting an extra cheeky 5 like u did, but for $3 each it's still a good buy. Can't understand the 2 for $13 logic (or lack thereof) when they're $3 each. 

Failing that, I'll go down to uncle Dan's, show them the $3 each advertised price and get them to match it.

If successful I'll go via Bunnings on my way home and get a couple snags to celebrate.

Love it, Karlos. Money saved on beer is providing you with food and supporting a community group or charity.
Consider yourself a philanthropist.

I couldn’t get Heineken cheap through mine but they did have SOL for $3 long necks, or $30 for a dozen.

The weirdest thing was it also said buy 4 for $17.

Whoever was doing the prices must have been sampling the products!

Just placed 10 single orders as the next suburb over had 10 in stock. The girl rang me as they only had 9 but she threw in a hollandia as a substitute. She asked why I did 10 orders and I told her the pricing glitch and she just laughed and said "yeah why wouldn't u do it that way, 2 for $13 doesn't make sense"

She then told me to ring her next time and she'll just do it for the same price in 1 go, cheering 👍

20190129_104358.jpg

• Like 4

Coopers European Lager 1.7kg + Coopers Light Dry Malt extract 500gms + Coopers Brew Enhancer 3 1kg = $29.70 (Coopers Club Price)

Brewed to 22 litres makes 33.84 x 650ml bottles (your commercial Heineken bottle size & approx ABV%). That equates to approx. 88c per 650ml bottle.

You can often pick those Coopers ingredients up a little cheaper again when on special at known retail outlets that sell the range.

The Euro kit is an excellent kit that makes a very good quality brew very representative of the Heineken style of beer.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. 😉

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, Beerlust said:

Coopers European Lager 1.7kg + Coopers Light Dry Malt extract 500gms + Coopers Brew Enhancer 3 1kg = $29.70 (Coopers Club Price)

Brewed to 22 litres makes 33.84 x 650ml bottles (your commercial Heineken bottle size & approx ABV%). That equates to approx. 88c per 650ml bottle.

You can often pick those Coopers ingredients up a little cheaper again when on special at known retail outlets that sell the range.

The Euro kit is an excellent kit that makes a very good quality brew very representative of the Heineken style of beer.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

It's on the to-do list. Now I've got a full size fridge with temp control I'll be able to do this and lager them properly. 

Might have to, just checked and the above special has now ended. Back to $7.30 each now, bugger that.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, Beerlust said:

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Thanks. This has rocketed up my list of brews to do.