Coopers Community

spicy brunette update

worry wort

So as a 'training wheels' intro to something different, I put down a spicy brunette. After 3 weeks I tried one and was not overly impressed, a very strange flavour but not a bitter as I expected. Tried again today at 6 weeks and its settled down ok and was a lot more mellow than the first bottle. Will wait 2 more weeks and try again. Its gone from a 'yeah, nah' to a 'hmmm, ok' in 3 weeks lol. Let you know

WW.

Did the Spicy Brunette in December (ooh that sounds a bit rude).  Four weeks old now.  Read this post and was inspired to open one.

The cinnamon is definitely noticeable but far from overpowering.  Its taste (or after-taste) is familiar.  Maybe a bit cinnamon donut-ty.  Hard to recall it exactly.

Is it nice - Yes.  Would I make it again - Probably one day, but not tomorrow. 

Spicy Brunette

608474986_SpicyBrunetteGlass.jpg.9e1ac09330e563080d460692c3cfe187.jpg

With a fancy light source behind

1416125242_SpicyBrunetteGlasswithaLightSourceEffect.jpg.4aa4396dec3d6a6ec081d23c00e5462e.jpg

Cheers Shamus

Good stuff Shamus.

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Did the Spicy Brunette in December (ooh that sounds a bit rude).  Four weeks old now. 

Yeah that portion doesn't read real well. 😯 😜

10 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

...With a fancy light source behind...

Hopefully Hairy takes note of this bit...  😜

12 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

...Four weeks old now.

Seriously, give it another 2-5 months & it will be a much more developed & enjoyable beer to drink.

It looks & sounds really nice. Do it some justice & let some of them age to the point where they reach their best. 😉

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

11 hours ago, Beerlust said:

Seriously, give it another 2-5 months & it will be a much more developed & enjoyable beer to drink.

It looks & sounds really nice. Do it some justice & let some of them age to the point where they reach their best. 😉

Hi Lusty

The Spicy Brunette doesn't taste bad at all at the moment.   It probably would benefit from some aging. 

I made a variation on the Nut Brown Ale with the Dark Ale can I split for these brews.  It tastes great.

Cheers Shamus

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Did the Spicy Brunette in December (ooh that sounds a bit rude).  Four weeks old now.  Read this post and was inspired to open one.

The cinnamon is definitely noticeable but far from overpowering.  Its taste (or after-taste) is familiar.  Maybe a bit cinnamon donut-ty.  Hard to recall it exactly.

Is it nice - Yes.  Would I make it again - Probably one day, but not tomorrow. 

Spicy Brunette

608474986_SpicyBrunetteGlass.jpg.9e1ac09330e563080d460692c3cfe187.jpg

With a fancy light source behind

1416125242_SpicyBrunetteGlasswithaLightSourceEffect.jpg.4aa4396dec3d6a6ec081d23c00e5462e.jpg

Cheers Shamus

mate, I had my first one 3 weeks in the bottle and thought 'nah' tried the 2nd one yesterday at near 6 weeks in bottle and its really mellowed out. Cinnamon undertone is not as overpowering, and I have just opened another one and drinking the hooer now. I think at the 3 month mark this could be a more enjoyable drink than I first thought.

1 hour ago, worry wort said:

mate, I had my first one 3 weeks in the bottle and thought 'nah' tried the 2nd one yesterday at near 6 weeks in bottle and its really mellowed out. Cinnamon undertone is not as overpowering, and I have just opened another one and drinking the hooer now. I think at the 3 month mark this could be a more enjoyable drink than I first thought.

Hi WW

How much cinnamon did you end up using?  From memory you were thinking about upping it.

Cheers Shamus

Archived