Sign in to follow this  
Smashed Crabs

Chilli Beer

Ok so I want to do a novelty small batch brew approx 10L will probably utilize a coopers Cerveza can as the base then add the Chilli to it to create a ring burner. Question is when do I add the Chilli? Is it better to use fresh or will this Impart a off taste ? Is it better to dry them and and grind into a powder then add? Either way these won't be brewed for enjoyment .. well except for the people watching people attempt it😁. Oh and what quantities do people suggest ? Iv found some recipes that call for 5 birds eye chillis they are around 50k - 100k Scovilles I've got 4 varities atm that range from 1m - 1.5m +  .... maybe one of each? 

Might need a waiver before people drink this one... 

Let me know... I have been interested in making a chilli beer for a while. If your in adelaide I'll Happily swap a test bottle.. just need a good base for it to be built from.

Unfortunately in Sydney  but once it's done will have a few available for anyone in the area willing to try it. 

Had one in Austria last week from a brewery. I find the beer itself is pretty bland but the kick from the chilli is awesome. Would be good if you could add the kick to a beer that’s decent. Will keep an eye on this thread and see how it goes for you. 

Yeah the Cerveza base leaves me a lot of room to adjust. Plus it's one of the ones I got for -$5 dollary-doos so small investment for a possible hilarious outcome. Gotta find some hops that compliment the heat.

Ok so concept so far is I'l boil some chillis say 5 mins then steep for 10-15 .. I'l also soak some in vodka for a week and add that to the FV during primary .. Instead of dry hopping the main batch I'l cut Carolina reapers in half then add half to each bottle. Just got to think of a hop addition to compliment the inferno. 

Thoughts ?

Yeah further study has shown galaxy compliments this aswell.. hoping to create something nice on the noise and tastebuds but then it kicks you in the balls and steals your wallet.