Coopers Community

ESVA ROTM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MitchellScott said:

Is there a link to this recipe or is it only available for that particular month?

Thanks 🙂

You ought to be able to find them all in the recipes section.

So, who reckons I should go full brew-tard and add honey and coriander to this monstrosity?

17 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

I also bought a second grain bag for a reiterated mash, so that I can take the first one and put the second one in almost straight away without having to squeeze, empty, etc.

Are you going to drain the first one into something to add back to the urn? That's a lot of wasted wort if not.

13 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

So, who reckons I should go full brew-tard and add honey and coriander to this monstrosity?

Go for it Ruddy!

Cant make it any worse! 😉

*Disclaimer: It’s not that bad really!

I'm just reading the different variations of recipes for the ESVA from 2013 onwards, majority of which contain 1kg dextrose.

Would these beers benefit from using 1kg of DME instead of dextrose? I know they're big beers but wouldn't the dextrose thin n dry it out a bit? Surely malt would give a better end result...?

12 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

I'm just reading the different variations of recipes for the ESVA from 2013 onwards, majority of which contain 1kg dextrose.

Would these beers benefit from using 1kg of DME instead of dextrose? I know they're big beers but wouldn't the dextrose thin n dry it out a bit? Surely malt would give a better end result...?

Great question.  I am looking forward to the answers to this one.

Maybe with the two kits, it is getting enough malt character, so does not need the DME.  Would the DME be bad?  I doubt it.

Just now, Shamus O'Sean said:

Great question.  I am looking forward to the answers to this one.

Maybe with the two kits, it is getting enough malt character, so does not need the DME.  Would the DME be bad?  I doubt it.

Well, I've just bought an old fridge, the inkbird is in the post, and there's a can of Cooper's APA and Real ale in the cupboard. I've got 40g galaxy in the fridge and a CCA yeast ready to go...decisions.

50 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

Well, I've just bought an old fridge, the inkbird is in the post, and there's a can of Cooper's APA and Real ale in the cupboard. I've got 40g galaxy in the fridge and a CCA yeast ready to go...decisions.

As a couple of my favourite brothers (of the blues variety) would say "Hit it".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived