I went Super pride (aussie aussie) and late Vic as (per the kit version)

I'm not looking to replicate the ESVA at this point - just trying to make something nice. I also just placed an order with those hops so that's what I'm stuck with now 🤣 I hope they work well together!

• Like 1

I also bought a second grain bag for a reiterated mash, so that I can take the first one and put the second one in almost straight away without having to squeeze, empty, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitchellScott said:

Is there a link to this recipe or is it only available for that particular month?

Thanks 🙂

You ought to be able to find them all in the recipes section.

So, who reckons I should go full brew-tard and add honey and coriander to this monstrosity?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

I also bought a second grain bag for a reiterated mash, so that I can take the first one and put the second one in almost straight away without having to squeeze, empty, etc.

Are you going to drain the first one into something to add back to the urn? That's a lot of wasted wort if not.

Yeah, what I meant was I wouldn’t have to wast time doing all that before I get started on #2. I still will do it all

• Like 1

Yeah not a bad idea. Might try and rig up something next time I do one. Either that or start the brew day at like 6am 😂

13 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

So, who reckons I should go full brew-tard and add honey and coriander to this monstrosity?

Go for it Ruddy!

Cant make it any worse! 😉

*Disclaimer: It’s not that bad really!

Edited by NewBrews

I'm just reading the different variations of recipes for the ESVA from 2013 onwards, majority of which contain 1kg dextrose.

Would these beers benefit from using 1kg of DME instead of dextrose? I know they're big beers but wouldn't the dextrose thin n dry it out a bit? Surely malt would give a better end result...?

12 hours ago, karlos_1984 said:

I'm just reading the different variations of recipes for the ESVA from 2013 onwards, majority of which contain 1kg dextrose.

Would these beers benefit from using 1kg of DME instead of dextrose? I know they're big beers but wouldn't the dextrose thin n dry it out a bit? Surely malt would give a better end result...?

Great question.  I am looking forward to the answers to this one.

Maybe with the two kits, it is getting enough malt character, so does not need the DME.  Would the DME be bad?  I doubt it.

Just now, Shamus O'Sean said:

Great question.  I am looking forward to the answers to this one.

Maybe with the two kits, it is getting enough malt character, so does not need the DME.  Would the DME be bad?  I doubt it.

Well, I've just bought an old fridge, the inkbird is in the post, and there's a can of Cooper's APA and Real ale in the cupboard. I've got 40g galaxy in the fridge and a CCA yeast ready to go...decisions.

50 minutes ago, karlos_1984 said:

Well, I've just bought an old fridge, the inkbird is in the post, and there's a can of Cooper's APA and Real ale in the cupboard. I've got 40g galaxy in the fridge and a CCA yeast ready to go...decisions.

As a couple of my favourite brothers (of the blues variety) would say "Hit it".

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
I can't type
  • Like 1

Aww man, I just found out there’s such a thing as toffee malt - I wish I’d used a bit of that in this! Had a taste just now though and it’s going fairly well 

Well, I'm off to a good start I reckon. Too many fuggles perhaps, but still, solid tasty beer.

• Like 2

I have no idea what giggles tastes like? Tell me you have a tasting video coming?

Working on it now, but it doesn't cover this beer. Stupid slow hard drive and large files and little space have made this a total slog tonight 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Norris! said:

I have no idea what giggles tastes like? Tell me you have a tasting video coming?

I think they taste funny

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Norris! said:

If you meant fuggles, a bit like dirt and sand mixed with dirty branches and dirt

• Haha 2

I....I got nothing.

Hahaha right good night all.

Just now, The Captain1525230099 said:

If you meant fuggles, a bit like dirt and sand mixed with dirty branches and dirt

Wow, my giggles sound so much better!

• Haha 1

Just now, Norris! said:

Wow, my giggles sound so much better!

If you were going to make a good beer, I’d go with giggles. Much better for sharing with friends. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

By the way, thank you Ruddy for not going for the low blow, Captain....Well I will send you batch a giggles with the next Kilowog Krush I make!

Edited by Norris!
  • Haha 1