Coopers Community

What's in your BBQ 2019?

Beerlust

11 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Reverse Sear?

I cook it in my smoker at a low temperature of 180F until it gets to about 125F then rest it for a few minutes then onto a screaming hot pan to sear it. 

The old way was to sear then cook but now it’s cook then sear. I highly recommend it!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I cook it in my smoker at a low temperature of 180F until it gets to about 125F then rest it for a few minutes then onto a screaming hot pan to sear it. 

The old way was to sear then cook but now it’s cook then sear. I highly recommend it!!

If you're adding smoke chips or something else to impart additional flavour to it yeah, but if not, just grill high & flip every minute to centralise juices & retain tenderness.

The reverse sear has merit & is advantageous in certain situations depending on what you are doing to the meat.

Good post BB. 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, Ben 10 said:

This bit fell off... it's true.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190630160739295_COVER.thumb.jpg.93a92b3feecd8f3b3fc3863e78201c6b.jpg

I bet that piece didn't last 30 seconds after you took that picture! 😁 🤣

Looks great mate. Your last batch of salami looked awesome too over in that thread.

"Married With Children" had an episode or two with Bud being known as "Grandmaster B".

I think we should refer to you forth in this thread as "Pitmaster B". 😁 😜

You're a very versatile & talented bloke. If you ever decide to open a bar & eatery, & need an employee, let me know.

Cheers,

Lusty.

6 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Sounds great BB1, next time I cook the wife a steak I’ll do that for her.

whats the cook time on that?

It was only a small steak so smoking time was about 40 minutes and searing was 15 seconds each side

• Thanks 1

Not right now, but in 13 days time will be a batch of bacon. Made up the brine yesterday and put the loin in a couple of hours ago. It'll come out Friday week so about 12 days this time. The piece is a similar size (height) to the last piece, which still had a slither of white in the middle after 10 days so another two should be enough to get it all the way through.