Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2019

Titan

I'd try that too, although I've abandoned the practice for carbonation purposes. 

I'll finally have beer on tap again on Friday. Tomorrow I'm cleaning out a keg, then Thursday kegging the lager and Friday kegging the ESB. I'll carbonate the lager on high pressure, as well as the ESB although it will have a pause Friday night when I'm drinking the other one. Once it's ready though I'll try to leave the lager alone until the ale is empty, to give it a bit of extra lagering time. 

Now I'm back at work the consumption will drop and I should be able to get another couple of kegs filled before these run out. Will see though, the next batch going in is a porter not going on tap until winter. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Ok, I guess my brew names do suck. 

No need to be so hard on yourself Norris!

Im a very artistic/creative sort of a person. 

I normally don’t name a beer till it’s finished but I know this one will need little tweaking. First time using Sabro though so it’ll be interesting to see if I get the coconut. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Kegged my Dutifully Scrupulous IPA today. 

When you give a beer a name like that it becomes harder & harder to create a name for the beer you make in that space past that brew that is actually better again to emphasize to the rest of us how much better it is than your last supposedly awesome beer.

How do you think our Taswegian mate @Scottie ended up in the space where he is now cornered to always say "this is my best beer ever"? 😜

He ran out of improvement titles. 🤣

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

That's because you have a lot of waiting time in the dump truck between fills! 😜

😁

Lusty.

There all autonomous these days mate. No drivers/operators to be seen. Little bit how ya going when you see them drive past with no one in the drivers seat

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

When you give a beer a name like that it becomes harder & harder to create a name for the beer you make in that space past that brew that is actually better again to emphasize to the rest of us how much better it is than your last supposedly awesome beer.

How do you think our Taswegian mate @Scottie ended up in the space where he is now cornered to always say "this is my best beer ever"? 😜

He ran out of improvement titles. 🤣

Cheers,

Lusty.

I’ll never run out of beer names mate. It’s my thing

Long break today so I've kegged both beers. I'll carbonate the ESB overnight but the lager can just go on serving pressure from tomorrow morning. Also put a bit more in the bastard blend keg, which now has about 15 litres from 3 or 4 different batches so far, with one left to make up the rest. So that'll be good to have a spare full keg there when these next two run out. 

21 hours ago, Beerlust said:

One of your beer names almost started a racial war! 🤣

Bahaha!

Yes I agree they need some work. 😉

Lusty.

Yeah, my foreigness came out there due to my inability to pick up that Kilowog might mean something down under, hahaha, other than a bipedal hippopotamus with a green lantern ring.

In my defense for other names, I kind of want to have the name tell me what is in the beer but play on the words, but that doesn't work very well with names like Juicy Az, I don't think anyone wants that in there beer. The Munich MAC in Amarillo, always made me laugh. I picture a 65 year old German, with a suit on and a cane with a ruby on the end chilling in Texas and that is what the can art would be.

With that said, I have given more thought to some future names. Such as "Murray Haze", Riverina Rippa (my fav because I never really used that word or heard it until I moved here, such a Rippa name) and maybe AW Root Crush which is a play off of the old AW Root beer and it would be a milkshake type brew with a smidge of lactose to sweeten it up and make it like a root beer float, the Sabro hops might play in that, if I ever brewed it. I also like how root has another meaning down here and the AW would stand for the great Albury/Wodonga area. Yeah, I need a new technique, these all suck 💀

• Haha 1

Just now, Hairy said:

I’ve got a few AWs in the fridge.

CC9239E6-D8C6-4955-8749-B2BB86B09D69.thumb.jpeg.798cf96fc27057054521486c1afb0afe.jpeg

That is awesome! My older sister used to work at an AW Root beer fast food restaurant when I was a kid, love em. You ever have one with some vanilla ice cream? That would be the flavours I would go for, some vanilla, slight coconut and basically the milkshake brew flavour. But honestly, I probably would never brew that...probably.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 10:16 PM, Otto Von Blotto said:

BTW, I've never actually removed the posts from my kegs.

I had to after connecting a keg and getting zero flow. Now i service my beer post every time its empty, adds about 5 mins to keg clean up. Its amazing how much crud builds up at the top of the post. At worst causes complete blockage or best, causes foam pour due to turbulence.

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Fair enough. I guess mine aren't too bad since I don't have either of those issues. They usually foam a bit more near the end of the keg for some reason but otherwise it's fine. 

You should be fine because your cold crash regime clears you beer well. My CC is very much on time constraint so at most get 24h before it hits the keg. Most of the crud was hop matter which does get into my kegs because of the short cc.