Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2019

Titan

Ok. So I haven’t smothered every man woman and child within a two mile radius with leaky co2. I have cleaned and sanitised my kegs and run the star sun through the lines. I hooked the gas and liquid lines up to the kegs. I’m going to keg my NEIPA this evening as it’s been a week and she’s done. She got down to 1.008 which is 3 points lower. I pitched two packs of yeast so I think that’s why it went lower and it’s a lallemand beast yeast

dumb question number 1 

which is the psi markings on the regulator. I assume the middle markings as the others are Bar and kpa 

dumb question number 2 

how do I slow the pour from my taps. I’ve been a bar man since I was 16 and if you’re pouring foamy beer you just slow down your pour. But on these taps I don’t see anything which lets me slow the pour 

2 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Ok. So I haven’t smothered every man woman and child within a two mile radius with leaky co2. I have cleaned and sanitised my kegs and run the star sun through the lines. I hooked the gas and liquid lines up to the kegs. I’m going to keg my NEIPA this evening as it’s been a week and she’s done. She got down to 1.008 which is 3 points lower. I pitched two packs of yeast so I think that’s why it went lower and it’s a lallemand beast yeast

dumb question number 1 

which is the psi markings on the regulator. I assume the middle markings as the others are Bar and kpa 

dumb question number 2 

how do I slow the pour from my taps. I’ve been a bar man since I was 16 and if you’re pouring foamy beer you just slow down your pour. But on these taps I don’t see anything which lets me slow the pour 

1. Which regulator do you have?

2. You add extra line length. The longer your beer line, the more resistance and therefore the slower the pour. What ID are you lines and what regulator pressure will you be using? We can recommend a beer line length to get you in the right ball park.

Mitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Cheers mate

I have the mk4 reg

and I have 4mm x 8mm beer line 

I will be fast carbing at 30 for two days then down to 12 psi to pour 

The black middle markings will be PSI on that reg, see below:
image.png.a6b2f22a18ed6cea7fb3f5e2c59021ce.png

And for 12PSI and 4mm ID line, you would want about 1.5m of beer line. However, I always recommend starting longer and cutting down if the pour is too slow. So maybe start at 2m and see if you like it. If its too slow, cut a bit off and try again.

Mitch.

Edited by MitchellScott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

I will be fast carbing at 30 for two days then down to 12 psi to pour 

I know I am really boring but since this is your first kegged beer it may be easier to just set and forget at 12 psi. 

But that means waiting.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

i wont be drinking it until Friday but at 12 PSI ,wouldnt you need about 10 days?

Nah. 

5-6 days and it will be good enough. I keg on a Sunday and usually crack one on the Thursday night. It takes a couple of extra days to be perfect though.

• Like 1

ive just kegged her. only got 17 litres in there from the fermentor. May need to rejig my beersmith settings to ensure i get 19. hooked her up to 40 psi for 24 hours ,then i'll set her at 12. i filled the keg with c0s first, then just took the lid off and filled her via sawn off bottle wand and silicone tubing from the bottom up. purged her a few times and shut the kegerator door. 

bailey-computer1.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

ive just kegged her. only got 17 litres in there from the fermentor. May need to rejig my beersmith settings to ensure i get 19. hooked her up to 40 psi for 24 hours ,then i'll set her at 12. i filled the keg with c0s first, then just took the lid off and filled her via sawn off bottle wand and silicone tubing from the bottom up. purged her a few times and shut the kegerator door. 

bailey-computer1.png

Sweeeeeeet!

You'll be loving it in no time 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hairy said:

And I thought I was Hairy!!

I've seen the pictures & still haven't been able to categorise you.

If I had a timeline to work off, I could probably figure out what circus you escaped from. 😜

On a personal note, quite interesting that you compare your hair growth with something resembling that of a Labrador. 😂

Lusty.