Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2019

Titan

On 11/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, The Captain!! said:

Three taps are good until your mates come round and empty every single keg you have in your house, then leave. 

I had to buy a carton the other day after that. 

That’s the beauty of having no mates...........

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

I really don’t mind at all that they come and drink my beer. That’s what it’s there for. 
It’s just this time, I was left with nothing at all. 

It's like when I am putting together mixed six packs to give to my mates.  You know how it goes: One of those and one of those and one of those.  If one of those happens to be my last one of those, I have terrible trouble giving it to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2019 at 7:25 PM, The Captain!! said:

I bet it last about 4 days before tasting.......... maybe sooner

Am still holding on strong Kapitan!

Though the fridge very next door to the now 'keg fridge' has seen a severe depletion of bottle stocks in the meantime ; )

Should be 14 days on Thursday!

Hopefully it pours ok... 

3 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Am still holding on strong Kapitan!

Though the fridge very next door to the now 'keg fridge' has seen a severe depletion of bottle stocks in the meantime ; )

Should be 14 days on Thursday!

Hopefully it pours ok... 

I’m sure it would have been fine 10 days ago ha ha ha ha

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Haha 2

You legend brewers @The Captain!! and @Otto Von Blotto do not understand my steely resolve do you !?!👽

NOR

That right next door to the very tempting 'keg fridge' is a vast plethora of supreme Burbling Breweries' AG aged brews in the mighty bottle conditioning fridge smiling at me at 2 deg C?!   

Which makes this steely? resolve? possible!  😝

image.png.45a9da4d82575bc670ac1a4004064b0c.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just got home after 5 weeks away. The blue keg had 3 schooners left in it, which still tasted great when I returned. The red keg was untapped but gassed when I left. I simply shut the gas off below the regulator tap. 

Got home turned the tap on and a few hours later, great beer. Tapped the red keg; great as well, although the hop aroma had reduced in each.

I also had a batch in cold crash for 5 weeks to replace the almost empty blue keg. That beer was in good condition also, probably with diminished hop aroma also.

So all in all the fridges and kegs kept all the beer good over 5 weeks. A nice drop to come home to.🙂

Cheers

20191113_173046.thumb.jpg.6f43efbf0e1eab151c26ce87820b44a6.jpg

Great clarity too.

20191113_174738.jpg

Edited by Worthog
  • Like 6

My kegerator comes Friday and I couldn’t be shitting myself more than I am. I haven’t got the foggiest clue as to what I’ll be doing. I’ve been smashing youtube vids and reading articles online so please forgive me if I ask you guys the most basic of questions when I’m setting up 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My kegerator comes Friday and I couldn’t be shitting myself more than I am. I haven’t got the foggiest clue as to what I’ll be doing. I’ve been smashing youtube vids and reading articles online so please forgive me if I ask you guys the most basic of questions when I’m setting up 

All good mate. I remember when i got my kegerator and looking at the box and thinking what is all this shit. Looked at the vid from keg king. Asked a couple of questions here and i was sweet!!!

The only problem i have had with my kegerator is a tendency to drink more.

Edited by Greeny1525229549
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My mother is here for six weeks for Xmas and I’m terrified of the co2 leaking and suffocating her and the dog and myself 

My mother in law is coming to stay and I’m going to store several dodgy co2 cylinders in the bedroom when she sleeps........

• Haha 5

It's pretty straightforward really. If you buy quality equipment you'll probably find it a bit easier because it generally  doesn't stuff up like cheap shit can.  Plus you spend less in the long run anyway because you're not upgrading after finding the cheap shit is just that. 

Just make sure everything is connected properly and isn't leaking. It'll probably take a little while to get the hang of things but it's not that hard. As you Go you learn what works and what doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers guys. Should I clean out the kegs when they arrive as they will be new and May have production residue on them

My main issue is racking from the coopers FV into the keg. It’s an NEIPA that will be kegged first. Oxygen is the enemy so want to minimise it.  Been looking at closed loop  transferring but the coopers FV isn’t set out for that as you need a hole at the top of the fv to put the co2 tube. 
what would be the best method for me to transfer. Thinking of using the sawn off bottle wand with some silicon tubing attached and then one of those ball lock connectors attached to the beer in connector so oxygen is minimal 

Edited by PaddyBrew2