Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2019

Titan

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

My gas bottles last between 10 and 12 months like they should. 

Thanks for the photo Kelsey - yep - reckon your CO2 bottles ought to do you twelve months I suspect as long as you keep an eye on any potential leaks...

image.png.8ded62b39f47d95ad9444e7bd915ac69.png

• Haha 4

So I've decided I need to start again with this CO2 system of mine. 

Im thinking that ill replace, all the o rings with silicone o rings..........again. 

Replace all the gas lines, extend them all so there is no pulling and what not on the gas disconnects

Replace the push in spitters with a manifold. 

Replace all the gas ball lock keg fittings.

If it then buggers up, I'm doing something royally wrong.

• Like 2

So I’ve sorted this out today! Mate this was a mission. 

Went in and got some more SS gas disconnects, gas line and step less clamps. 

Ordered some other gear they didn’t have. 

Got home, wrong size tube, wrong size clamps...........

consequently chucked the sh!ts again!

Went back in after reordering ver the phone. 

Set it up. No leaks!!!!! Awesome. Will turn the gas off before bed though

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

So I’ve sorted this out today! Mate this was a mission. 

Went in and got some more SS gas disconnects, gas line and step less clamps. 

Ordered some other gear they didn’t have. 

Got home, wrong size tube, wrong size clamps...........

consequently chucked the sh!ts again!

Went back in after reordering ver the phone. 

Set it up. No leaks!!!!! Awesome. Will turn the gas off before bed though

Good stuff! Fingers crossed you'll be right now. 

My gas has been on for about a week now so I think I'd have an empty c02 bottle if I had a leak. All seems good so far. Those CMB disconnects are certainly much better quality then the cheap ones I had. 

Edited by MitchellScott

I was turning the gas off every night when I first set up my Kegerator being paranoid about leaks, it seemed to loose pressure overnight but finally worked out that it was gas being absorbed into the beer for carbonation and not a leak.

But 6 months down the track, no leaks and leave it on all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Captain!! said:

I thought that too. I had those CMB disconnects. I don’t like them..........

Mine are much better then the no name ones I had before. Time will tell I guess but so far so good. 

The other ones I had leaked when the disconnect was pushed to the side and also released a bit of gas when taking on or off.. Both of which the CMB ones don't do. 

• Like 1

The disconnect on my spare gas line does that too, but the ones inside the kegerator on the kegs don't, not that they ever move anyway. They are plastic but I am unsure what brand, I think they're keg king. The liquid ones are equally fine, although one died recently. That's when I was having trouble with that right hand tap pouring properly, and I found it to be the disconnect itself when I was draining a keg not connected to a tap. If I pushed the thing down it sprayed out like they normally do but just sitting there it was very slow. I think the spring might have worn out or something. I replaced it in the kegerator with the old spare one and it works fine now.

What are these CMB disconnects?

11 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

The disconnect on my spare gas line does that too, but the ones inside the kegerator on the kegs don't, not that they ever move anyway. They are plastic but I am unsure what brand, I think they're keg king. The liquid ones are equally fine, although one died recently. That's when I was having trouble with that right hand tap pouring properly, and I found it to be the disconnect itself when I was draining a keg not connected to a tap. If I pushed the thing down it sprayed out like they normally do but just sitting there it was very slow. I think the spring might have worn out or something. I replaced it in the kegerator with the old spare one and it works fine now.

What are these CMB disconnects?

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/original-cmb-cornelius-liquid-ball-lock-disconnect-barbed

From what I could work out from my research is they are as close to the quality of the genuine Cernelius ones.

Made in Germany and everyone raves about the quality. Bit more expensive but worth not losing a keg or gas over $10.

Poured the first from my latest keg, it's been sitting at 12 psi since Saturday. Big head, reasonbly flat beer. I've always thought this was overcarbonation, but seeing as it hasn't been in there long it has me questioning the results. Probably have around 1500mm of 4id line from keg to pluto, so I'm thinking I need longer line (around 3-4 metres?)

24 minutes ago, Smash said:

Poured the first from my latest keg, it's been sitting at 12 psi since Saturday. Big head, reasonbly flat beer. I've always thought this was overcarbonation, but seeing as it hasn't been in there long it has me questioning the results. Probably have around 1500mm of 4id line from keg to pluto, so I'm thinking I need longer line (around 3-4 metres?)

seems like it. Theres lots of keg line calculators online you could use to get it spot on.