Coopers Community

What else do you drink ?

supernerdy

Just lime most of you my booze drinking isnt limited to craft beer so what else do you drink and is it a 'crafty thing?

In cooler months I enjoy my bourbon and over new years I decided to try Gin as well (photo).. which was in between my jello and jagger shots :).. can also make this non-alcoholic I enjoy my coffee too!

IMG_20181230_175537.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Spiced Rum

have you had the spiced rum from the HOOCHERY, bit of a drive but there stuff is good.

I like drinks. Mead, rum, tequila, cointreau, vodka, kahlua all home made 

2 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

have you had the spiced rum from the HOOCHERY, bit of a drive but there stuff is good.

Yeah I have, I thought it was great. I’ve only tried one though, think it was 5 rivers spiced rum from memory.

Luckily didn’t drive up there to get it. Probably be closer to your joint Ben ha ha nah probably only a few days. 

40 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

we had the tasting paddle when we were there and it was great. Almost a reason to go to Kununurra but... no, funnily enough the background on my computer is a pic of Lake Argyle i took.

She’s a beautiful place Ben, plenty to see. 

Great pic mate. 

I like whisky (Scotch), especially the peaty Islay single malts.

My favourite is the Lagavulin 16 year old.

I picked up a couple of bottles through Duty Free recently. An Ardbeg 10 year old (very nice) and a Benriach Peated Quarter Cask. The latter is ok but I should have bought the Ardbeg Uigeadail instead.

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Just like one of my favourite musicians, Jack and Coke

I am not much of a spirits drinker.  However, I had to pour a Jack and Coke when I live streamed his memorial service live from LA in January 2016.  It was 9:30 in the morning here, but it was a memorable occasion.

51 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I am not much of a spirits drinker.  However, I had to pour a Jack and Coke when I live streamed his memorial service live from LA in January 2016.  It was 9:30 in the morning here, but it was a memorable occasion.

I was at a bar watching it. They gave us all a free one at 10 when they were allowed to serve alcohol. 

37 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I was at a bar watching it. They gave us all a free one at 10 when they were allowed to serve alcohol. 

Did they just give it to you or did you have to say “Lemmy have one for free”?

AS an FYI I fairly much drink anything.. except milky alco drinks.. bad experience and want to be sick as the thought of another one.

Curious has anyone tried Ned Kelly beer and know if its still around ?

Bout 8/9 years ago we found it sold at a farm fair and got a few bottles.. Red wine and beer mixed as one. Sounded good at the time.. wasnt the next day

On 1/4/2019 at 8:07 PM, Hairy said:

I like whisky (Scotch), especially the peaty Islay single malts.

My favourite is the Lagavulin 16 year old.

I picked up a couple of bottles through Duty Free recently. An Ardbeg 10 year old (very nice) and a Benriach Peated Quarter Cask. The latter is ok but I should have bought the Ardbeg Uigeadail instead.

I'm with you there. Love Lagavulin. Also Caol Ila. Loved Tobermory when I was in Scotland, but have only found it here once. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:07 PM, Hairy said:

I should have bought the Ardbeg Uigeadail instead. 

Yep, Oogie is great, wish I still had some of my bottle left! But, try one of Douglas Laing's Big Peat if you can find one. A vatted malt, but well balanced despite the name and dodgy label and knocked Lagavulin off my favourite Islay scotch spot. I prefer it to the rest of the Islay staples I've bought bottles of as well... Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Caol Ila, Bowmore, Bunnahabhain (although I do like this a fair bit). Haven't tried anything from Bruichladdich or Kilchoman yet though.

So yes, I like Islay scotch whisky. Don't mind the other Scottish regions, but Islay is my favourite. I read a fascinating book about the island and distilleries' history, would love to stay there for a few months one day, just explore the rugged terrain and weather and visit every distillery. Maybe in 30 years time. 

I also white wine, particularly riesling, semillon and marsanne with a bit of bottle age. Don't mind trying different chardonnay and things like gewurtz, gruner vetliner, vermentino etc. 

And red wine, I like shiraz, cab sauv, cab franc, the maligned merlot, temperanillo, graciano, sangiovese, pinot noir, malbec, barbera, zinfandel, durif, petit verdot, plus enjoy trying new varietals and the same varietals from different regions.

And a big fan of fortifieds, topaque/tokay, liqueur muscat, tawny. Also don't mind the occasional botrytis dessert wine.

The problem is there's so much yummy stuff to drink, and so little you can really actually drink while keeping things in balance!

Cheers, 

John

Archived