A combination of having visitors stay with us, hot temperatures making brewing difficult, Christmas festivities and the consumption that goes with that has created an imperfect storm whereby my beer stocks are running desperately low. I'm on holidays for another 11 days and I don't think I'll have enough beer to survive.
For this reason I'm embarking on a crowd funding drive. If you'd like to support a drunken cause just place your name, address and number of bottles you'd like to donate below. (SA residents only)
This is a very worthy cause (in my selfish opinion). All help is appreciated. 😄

PS. Just kidding folks but I'm so loathe to have to buy beer again. I think March 2018 was the last time I bought a carton.  😞

• Haha 5

I have 6 boxes I'm not drinking now that I have kegs, oh look, you only want SA residents.  Sorry can't help then.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Dale said:

I have 6 boxes I'm not drinking now that I have kegs, oh look, you only want SA residents.  Sorry can't help then.

I still appreciate the sentiment, Ronnie. 😄

I'd like to help you out Muzzy, but being an SA boy myself, I'm in the same boat atm! 😬

The weather has been awful for brew days etc. the last month or so combined with all the Xmas & New Year's hustle & bustle. I haven't put a new brew down since late November.

I've been predominantly on a Coopers commercial Pale Ale diet through this period just savouring the odd glass of my very nice Ella, Columbus, Simcoe, Riwaka, Motueka Pale Ale from the keg at random intervals. That keg is almost empty which means I'll be completely dry of keg beer before I have something to fill them with. That will be a 1st (I think?) here at the Beerlust Brewery since I switched to kegging my beer. 😢

Good luck with the beer donation drive, & let us know how you get on.....as I might try it next year around this time! 😉

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm in a similar boat too with moving house coinciding with holidays so that interrupted production a bit and obviously consumption increased from the working period of the year. I'd have probably had my lager kegged by now and onto another batch if it wasn't for that but I am planning a brew day next week and maybe another one on the 14th to get production going steady again. Just gotta give the urn a touch up clean (majority was done after last brew day) and come up with a couple of recipes.

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

I began my CCA starter today in readiness to pitch into the Red Pale Ale I have planned to put together tomorrow.

I'm really interested to see how this all goes.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

I am in great deference to all you master AG and Keg Brewers... (and really appreciate all of your help and feedback along the way) but I guess that having a great STASH of bottles can overcome such a dearth of brewing activity... even if the quality of the kit/extract beer is not as good as that of AG-Keg Splendour!?!  😋

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

I am in great deference to all you master AG and Keg Brewers... (and really appreciate all of your help and feedback along the way) but I guess that having a great STASH of bottles can overcome such a dearth of brewing activity... even if the quality of the kit/extract beer is not as good as that of AG-Keg Splendour!?!  😋

18 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Hmmmm.... is also about supply and demand 😎

I had a great stash of bottles but demand outgrew supply. This is supposed to be the festive season. Running out of beer hasn't got me feeling very festive, in fact, I'm as flat as Calista Flockhart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I had a great stash of bottles but demand outgrew supply. This is supposed to be the festive season. Running out of beer hasn't got me feeling very festive, in fact, I'm as flat as Calista Flockhart. 

luvyerwork ; )

• Like 1