Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Back on the Biscuit - what a cracker! 😝 

Dunno if I am dreamin' but I am thinking this AG Biscuit Ale is clearing up a bit as the bottles remain standing upright over time... and also with a good sit for a few days at 2 degC in the nice fridge...

Was last night when partaken and was very tasty indeed...   IMHO ; )

image.png.6c0e74e90ae3c3af3123036dc1d6ea8e.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My first all grain stout. Oatmeal Coconut 

so pleased with how this turned out. The coconut is just enough and the oatmeal has given it real mouthfeel.  

Beautiful job Paddy!  Well done mate... and no Bishop's Collar neither?  😜

• Haha 1

Having a few beers while watching the footy. I think I deserve it after being married to my wife for 12 years today. 

It’s a simple pale ale with simcoe and galaxy hops. The simcoe is a bit stronger than I was aiming for. I was aiming to have to galaxy at the front and have the simcoe at the back. I’m not complaining because I love simcoe. There’s a bit of chill haze and the head retention is lacking considering there’s almost 10% wheat. It really doesn’t bother me too much though as it’s still a tasty drop!!

9FA9BA44-8319-484D-9685-CEA0DE3BCE46.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

Having a few beers while watching the footy. I think I deserve it after being married to my wife for 12 years today. 

It’s a simple pale ale with simcoe and galaxy hops. The simcoe is a bit stronger than I was aiming for. I was aiming to have to galaxy at the front and have the simcoe at the back. I’m not complaining because I love simcoe. There’s a bit of chill haze and the head retention is lacking considering there’s almost 10% wheat. It really doesn’t bother me too much though as it’s still a tasty drop!!

… more wheat next time ?

3 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

And yes mate - well done - and Congrats on 12 years!

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

… more wheat next time ?

Usually that much makes a great head so I do t know why it wasn’t as good this time. 

55 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

And yes mate - well done - and Congrats on 12 years!

Thanks BB2. It was really easy because she is a really awesome chick. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

There’s a bit of chill haze and the head retention is lacking considering there’s almost 10% wheat. It really doesn’t bother me too much though as it’s still a tasty drop!!

Aesthetically, it's nice to achieve good head retention and lacings on your glass but the bottom line is taste. You've achieved that so well done. BTW, it looks like a nice beer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

Aesthetically, it's nice to achieve good head retention and lacings on your glass but the bottom line is taste. You've achieved that so well done. BTW, it looks like a nice beer.

The lacing was great but the head wasn’t as good as it has been in recent times I have no idea why

• Sad 1

Gold Mitchi.  Come on Smithy.

And whilst I have been pursuing the beautiful AG brew thing with all its benefits and challenges...  am back drinking tonight on a very nice Coopers Toucan... Coopers Dark Ale Primary and a Coopers Lager boost... in 23L... rain water.

The toucan is drinking very nicely and a real reminder how a good full malt (esp liquid malt) KnK can be... well played Coopers.

Come on Aussie C'mon C'mon!

image.png.7245c293117dc571d946ff2c6d0e316f.png

• Like 6

I need one of those wall mounted TVs outside so I can watch my sports without getting bitched at 😂

Anyway, I kegged my dark ale yesterday, and it'll come off high pressure gas in about 5 hours, so I can try one tonight after work. I had a bit out of the fermenter yesterday and it was tasting good. 

Unfortunately I forgot to clean the mini keg so I didn't put the surplus into it this time around. I'll have to get it cleaned for the next batch though, which will be pitched on Friday or Saturday. 

• Like 1

Tried a little experiment the other night. Was bottling my Coopers XPA ROTM kit the other night and thought I’d try fast carbing in an SodaStream. 

So the outcome, little under carbed but generally pretty damn good.

I think a keg might be coming sooner rather than later!

Oh - the beer is excellent nice bitterness but not too hard  but maybe could have been a touch more. The Lemondrop hop gives a nice citrusy taste but not like Citra.

9A82E88B-1C36-447F-9A43-45B7272D61A4.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NewBrews said:

Tried a little experiment the other night. Was bottling my Coopers XPA ROTM kit the other night and thought I’d try fast carbing in an SodaStream. 

So the outcome, little under carbed but generally pretty damn good.

I think a keg might be coming sooner rather than later!

Oh - the beer is excellent nice bitterness but not too hard  but maybe could have been a touch more. The Lemondrop hop gives a nice citrusy taste but not like Citra.

9A82E88B-1C36-447F-9A43-45B7272D61A4.jpeg

Soda beer. I need to give it a try