Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

4 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

So finally getting a hold of this Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter fully carbed, bloody sensational beer that will be on the annual rotation. 

Sweet vanilla, alcohol heat, slight coffee, finishes dryish, it’s a really good beer. 

I thought it might be around for a while due to the ABV, well tonight I’ve already had three pints. 

Sensational beer

E94F350F-CFEB-4DA2-8591-DC3748B921AD.jpeg

I have so many beers I want to make this being one of them your convincing me to move it up the list😋

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 8:53 PM, The Captain!! said:

So finally getting a hold of this Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter fully carbed, bloody sensational beer that will be on the annual rotation. 

Sweet vanilla, alcohol heat, slight coffee, finishes dryish, it’s a really good beer. 

I thought it might be around for a while due to the ABV, well tonight I’ve already had three pints. 

Sensational beer

E94F350F-CFEB-4DA2-8591-DC3748B921AD.jpeg

Is this something that would age well and be even better in a years time. My mate wants me to brew him a porter so I was thinking about a small batch and age in a glass demijohn??

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

Is this something that would age well and be even better in a years time. My mate wants me to brew him a porter so I was thinking about a small batch and age in a glass demijohn??

The vanilla would not age well, just like hop aroma, she disappears over a short amount of time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

Ben did a hazelnut porter that was really good. Even if you didn’t do the hazelnut the base beer was bloody good with definitely would age well.

hang on, was it hazelnut.....

Edited by The Captain!!

Just now, Ben 10 said:

It was.

Bloody fantastic it was.

I actually think that beer was a turning point for me and how good porters could be. There’s a lot of bad examples out there. That beer was so layered in flavour it made you think about it. Bloody great beer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Bloody fantastic it was.

I actually think that beer was a turning point for me and how good porters could be. There’s a lot of bad examples out there. That beer was so layered in flavour it made you think about it. Bloody great beer. 

Yup.

Ben sent me down one of the Hazelnut Porters too around early November last year. Delicious! He really had done it well. The Hazelnut was blended lovely into the style & gave a lovely flavour & presented well on the pour etc. It was pretty much impossible NOT to enjoy.

He's a very talented boy this one across quite a few culinary areas & with home brewing certain beer styles. 👍

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Thank you for taking the time to actually look. It’s a bit of a forgotten art sometimes on this forum ha ha ha. 

I find the search function isn’t much good so I scrolled through every brew day post from 2018 until I found it......

On 7/31/2019 at 10:07 PM, Hairy said:

I'm not trying to perpetuate a stereotype, but are there many Kiwis in Ramsbottom?

An unfortunate name for a town, must be the butt of many a joke!  

As an aside - although I 'identify' as Kiwi I'm actually English... born in a nearby town to Ramsbottom.

2019-07-30 14.09.09.jpg

• Like 3