Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

26 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

You must be drunk because it is about to start now and there is no chance the Dogs will win. MAGPIES!!!

We will see, we will see. I picked the swans last night so who knows. I felt that if the demons scored over 90 points the swans were done, but I should of followed through but my tips were/are in so no going back now! BULLDOGS!!!

Edited by Norris!
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Gashslug's Coopers NEIPA (Topaz, Vic Secret & Amarillo)

Great fruity aroma.  Citrus, mostly grapefruit, some passionfruit.

Carries through to the taste.

Bit of a bland colour.  Hazy.

Pretty happy with it, but plenty of room for improvement.

IMG_1142.JPG.a82a36d05a8288abca48df250b3060ad.JPG

You're an animal Shamus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Enjoying a few AG Pales. Bittered with Centennial, late, cube and dry hopped with Cascade and Mosaic. Probably the best brew I've made so far. 

20190414_140559.jpg

That looks so inviting. Friday after work when you’re hanging for a beer and that’s put in front of you.  Heaven. 

This is my coopers stout.  Two weeks in the bottle.  Coopers stout.  Coopers Dark malt liquid extract.  Kilo of dex and 250gms lactose.  It’s the closest to the yellow label stout by far.  Definitely more close than the dark ale / stout toucan. Next time I will drop the lactose to 150 gms as it’s verging on the sweet side but I love my sweet stouts so it’s win win. This is a piss easy brew , cheap and ready to drink in a couple of weeks 

CC155156-4537-4E23-A115-37BDF5ABF760.jpeg

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

That looks so inviting. Friday after work when you’re hanging for a beer and that’s put in front of you.  Heaven. 

Yep a little too inviting! Big plans for my day off tomorrow could be derailed at this rate! 

• Haha 1

I've had my saison made with Coopers light LME, Aramis and Bravo and fermented with Wyeast 3726 on tap in the fridge for the last week and a bit. I've been really enjoying it... hop, yeast and malt character is in a nice balance.

It's less instantly delicious than my Pacific Saison, but am interesting counterpoint and very enjoyable. Just comes down to the hops I think... I can see why Nelson, Mosaic and Galaxy are in such high demand with commercial brewers.

Next one to go on tap after this is the saison I made with Coopers Amber LME and Enigma hops. 

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 4

Still got the keg hopped pale ale going. It got a bit messed up yesterday when I had to take the keg out in order to clean another one to be filled with the pilsner and put in there on gas. I must have inadvertently shaken it a little bit because it was foaming up just about every pour. But, I am getting around that by using my old overcarbed keg pouring method by bleeding all pressure and applying just enough back in to push it out the tap. Slow pours but not foamy, so no wasted beer. 

There isn't much left in it, but the bitterness has settled down since it first went on tap and is a nicer beer now. Either that or I'm getting used to it again after a few weeks of lagers and not so bitter pale ales. The olds were around this arvo so Dad could help me with something, and we had a beer afterwards. He enjoyed it too, so maybe it has settled down a bit as well. 

• Like 4

Can ANYONE tell ME whether I have overcarbonated this wheat beer?   (mmm.... it is a schooner too not a ten/midi/pot!!!)

image.thumb.png.6bab69c06da68014455a962cb41b70a9.png

Might have to go into icecream making rather than open a brewery 😝

Or drink it out of a bucket ?!

• Haha 4

Thanks Kelsey and Newbrews - yeah t'was a bit of everything - warm nucleated glass - brew coulda been colder - in a hurry and dying of thirst - but all up - it's a wheatie that I just amped up the dry malt way high - ended up with a whopping big Weizenbock with serious ABV and unfortunately a somewhat overnuked carbonation in the bottle.... shoulda woulda coulda left it in the fermenter a bit longer to calm down a bit more (reduce fermentables) - got a bit ancy about wanting to get the next brew down...  and have learned the lesson.

With super cold everything and careful cold patient slow pour... you do end up with a big belter of a brew though 😜  

• Like 2

What is truly bizarre... is that the below is the very same Weizenbok -- posted in early Feb... guess a bit more carbonation may have taken place since that time maybe???

As I honestly cannot remember the same challenge on the bottle pour at that time...  Seems to have gone a bit spazz since then... ?

image.png.9a5cfa42861f7558d929cd81f52b8164.png

• Like 3