Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

I wouldn't worry too much, the Amarillo will save you mate. 😉 Although I haven't used it a lot, Topaz appears a little different to the cat pee spectrum too.

Cheers,

Lusty.

I think I will be okay too.  I have not used extreme amounts.  I did not have too much hop haze when I bottled these.  Really cannot wait to give them a try.

13 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

...The Vic Secret beer is actually quite nice, I just under estimated the potential of the hop itself. It is so far over hopped it could possibly give me a nose bleed.

Balance, use the force Luke.... 🤣

😁

OK, I'll stop now. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

Coopers stout, dark malt liquid extract , dextrose and lactose.  Only a week in the bottle but she’s tasting good. Has a bit more sweetness to balance the malt which I found overpowering at time when I did the toucan recipe. 

Very happy with it. Not so happy with my Anarchy IPA rotm.  It has an alcoholy  taste to it.  It’s very drinkable but it’s deffo been the worst brew I’ve put down. I made some variations to the recipe. I added some azacca hops and also used brita filtered water but you would think they would enhance rather than detract 

1EBF4366-473C-4375-AA7D-8333DE7714B6.jpeg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Here's a picture of that pale ale. Bit of yeast/hop haze still floating around in it but it tastes good. Aroma is quite noticeable.

20190406_124159.thumb.jpg.a7a185342b72fff4281be8ba6f79710f.jpg

Great pic, Kelsey. I can just see myself scoffing that, then straight into the pool.

I'm a bit concerned about your process problem, though. What, run out of fish-guts and plastic-dust? 🤣

Cheers

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Titan said:

Raspberry sour. Just a sample after packaging. I also racked this into another fermenter through my hop spider to keep the larger pieces of debis out. Big raspberry flavour.

20190407_111728.jpg

Lovely colour mate. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worthog said:

Great pic, Kelsey. I can just see myself scoffing that, then straight into the pool.

I'm a bit concerned about your process problem, though. What, run out of fish-guts and plastic-dust? 🤣

Cheers

I suspect it's from the keg hops 😂 but the yeast is early generation, I find it starts dropping out much better after about 3-4 generations, even with the isinglass. 

4 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

.....but the yeast is early generation, I find it starts dropping out much better after about 3-4 generations, even with the isinglass. 

That's interesting information... I wonder if that is the case with multi harvested generations? 🤔

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I dunno. I've just noticed over the years that the yeast don't always flocculate that well for the first 2-3 generations but after that the flocculation improves. Some yeasts like the 2278 are good from the start though. 

Perhaps the yeast is more vitalised & more active/reactive with re-use after a long period of dormant storage by the manufacturer from the original purchase? 🤔

It seems feasible to me.

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

So how was the beer?

It wasn't what I was expecting, or aiming for. Vic Secret is an amazing hop though. Super fruity.

I had a couple of hop head mates come round and they loved it and both took growlers home with them otherwise they would have just stayed here till it was gone. ha ha ha

Think this is one hop I'm going to perfect a recipe for. 

• Like 1

I odn't exactly know how to word this as this is a good old reliable Coopers Kit ... Real Ale left on yeast for 14 days with cluster hops added on day 5 brewed at ambient ....  kit yeast and 1 kilo LDM ... bottled in cooper tallies on the 31st of August .... great head retention and darn good flavour and mouth feel ... bit embarrassing with the extra effort I go to these days  that this kit can be so good , with nearly zero effort and maximum return ... well done Coopers ...  

20190410_170500.jpg

20190410_171358.jpg

• Like 9

Initial tasting of my latest "Supernova NZPA".  This is the first of a series of pales ales I was intending to brew this year - without dry hops.   Instead I used a generous 100g whirlpool/steep addition.  Given the inevitable 'hop fade' that occurs with dry hops I thought I just bypass that disappointment altogether! 😁    There's no doubt this is a nice hoppy beer but I am noticing the missing, albeit short-lived benefits that do come from dry hopping -  most particularly aroma:

NZPAApr2019-1.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BlackSands said:

Initial tasting of my latest "Supernova NZPA".  This is the first of a series of pales ales I was intending to brew this year - without dry hops.   Instead I used a generous 100g whirlpool/steep addition.  Given the inevitable 'hop fade' that occurs with dry hops I thought I just bypass that disappointment altogether! 😁    There's no doubt this is a nice hoppy beer but I am noticing the missing, albeit short-lived benefits that do come from dry hopping -  most particularly aroma:

NZPAApr2019-1.jpg

I love the glass. Do you what what that type is called. I need to get a few. 

Cheers

First tasting of the Dark Ale I brewed for my dad's 60th. I will need to do one of these for myself! Smooth drinking with nice flavours. Can't tell it's 5.7%. Good carbonation at 2 weeksish in the bottle, but head is lacking. This set of 15 bottles are reused, so the caps may be leaking a bit, but will only get better with age! 

IMG20190412175618.jpg

• Like 3

I had a sneaky glass of the Professor Simarillo and the Azacca Warrior tonight, it has only been 3 days carbonating so it is a little green but tasty. I am getting a fair whack of orange citrus flavours coming through with some nice pine dankness. It was a little cloudy,cannot tell in the picture 🤣.

I did a side by side taste test with a Balter XPA, obviously not the same beer but close to whatever style the XPA is. Good beer now to let it age a little...24 hours until the Doggies eat the Magpies.

20190412_184348.jpg

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or I guess that game is tonight...Wow I am beat! Still will age another day, is that really aging...The in-laws are down at the game so it will be me and a Balter tonight...maybe one more Professor before bed.

• Haha 2