Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

22 hours ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Sweet. 

I wish more people would come round and drink my beer, so I can brew more. It was much easier to just give it away when I bottled.

Be careful what u wish for , the son had come around this last two weekends and emptied my keg twice 🍺🍻👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

bestest hop combo

It’s very very nice. The grain bill has also complemented to the beer, touch of wheat and Carapils for mouthfeel and a soft bitterness makes this beer really good. 

If I was at a brewery and they had a pacific ale on tap, I’d be pretty happy to try this

• Like 2

This is my Pale Ale #2! Brewed 2nd December, bottled 22nd after 7 days cold crash. I like #1 which had 20gms of Citra dry hop, so went big this time and did 60gms (roughly, pre-scales) Citra dry hop. Managed to hold off to give it 3 weeks in the bottle. 

The Citra presence is amazing. Aroma and flavour. Almost too much! Housemate is loving it too! It does make me look forward even more to the experiment of Pale Ale #4, currently in the fermenter which had the hop boil. Pale Ale #3 is the same recipe as this one, but with the ~40gm of Citra left over used as a dry hop, currently aging in bottles. 

Definitely thinking this might feature as a regular brew in one FV, while I do experiments in the other!

20190115_194508(0).jpg

• Like 13

Well well, back to the Northern brewers pilsner. I commented at the time that hate mail might need to be sent. Its been sitting untapped in the kegerator for a while now, maybe 2 months or so. What a difference!! The hops have mellowed and the steam beer characteristic has gone away. Im glad i added saaz for dry hops as they are beginning to shine.

20190116_174128.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Titan said:

Well well, back to the Northern brewers pilsner. I commented at the time that hate mail might need to be sent. Its been sitting untapped in the kegerator for a while now, maybe 2 months or so. What a difference!! The hops have mellowed and the steam beer characteristic has gone away. Im glad i added saaz for dry hops as they are beginning to shine.

20190116_174128.jpg

Yep. Its why i bought another fridge just for kegs to lager for a month or so. It makes a big difference

• Like 2

Flanders Red, nice having one of these. undercarbed which i hope will improve. Lovely and tart, smells of berries, flavours of sour, unripe berries, aftertaste of cherries maybe? Interesting, thirst quenching. Winey? perhaps red grape?

IMG_20190117_151318.thumb.jpg.18dca3421660295c09a332771ed6c55d.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Flanders Red, nice having one of these. undercarbed which i hope will improve. Lovely and tart, smells of berries, flavours of sour, unripe berries, aftertaste of cherries maybe? Interesting, thirst quenching. Winey? perhaps red grape?

IMG_20190117_151318.thumb.jpg.18dca3421660295c09a332771ed6c55d.jpg

Looking good Ben, that’ll look sensational with a nice white to off white head on it. 

Think I may have to dabble in the Flanders stuff. Just might brew it at my other house, away from my normal brewing gear. 

• Like 1