Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Sauvineka Gold -  an early tasting of a simple kit and LME brew. Specifically, the Cerveza can, 1.5kg LME and 25g each of Nelson and Motueka hops.  Very simple, very nice and a tasty reminder of how good simple kit and extract beers can actually be!   Having said that though, it did come out a lot darker than predicted  - I was hoping that by using the Cerveza can I'd get a much lighter straw-coloured beer but this is surprisingly dark and I suspect probably as light as I can expect from liquid extracts. So, for that reason alone I might brew again but swap out the 1.5kg extract and mash 2-odd kg's of pilsner malt instead. 

SauvinekaGold-1.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

@ChristinaS1 This is my English bitter... it is lovely and malty. I see you have some toasted malt in yours, mine did also actually.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190621134311690_COVER.thumb.jpg.2e02cf37b8d6ffa6d0e00fdba03300f2.jpg

@Ben 10 Hey Ben, beauty! Wish I could taste it. 

Say, would you mind posting this picture and the recipe in the English Bitter thread? People will find it interesting, I am sure. 

Just out of curiosity, at what temperature and for how long did you toast your malt?

Thanks,

Christina. 

This is the blended red ale and FWH Cascade ale. Seems to taste a bit hoppier now than it did a week ago. Probably that the better carbonation level has reduced perceived sweetness. I'm expecting this keg to run out today, or maybe tomorrow, at which point I'll put the FWH ale in and fast carb it overnight. 

20190622_111657.thumb.jpg.d98be02684647b805da0714f61cb4092.jpg

Cheers

Kelsey

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 10

Getting so jealous. I’m at work and I couldn’t even get a coopers at the wetness last night, and the rest of the beers are CUB megaswill. So what does a man do? Not bother. 

Definitely getting myself a Homebrew when I get home.  New stout and a pale ready to go. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Thanks Shamus, it was the ideal spot at that time of day to capture the colour of the beer. 

BB it is a Stella glass. I got it for free with a carton I bought in Victoria last year. 

Such a great colour Kelsey!  Thanks mate for all of your insights - brewed AG3 this evening - and am hopefully bottling AG2 tomorrow... thanks to you and all the other festive brewers on this Community site... really good. Thanks One and All Brewers!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, der kleine Drache said:

Brewferm Gallia made with wheat DME instead of sugar. Gelatine as Fining. I like this brew a lot. 

IMG_20190622_132947.jpg

A bottle of Hefeweizen in the background. Turned out OK. 

Noice DKD!

If your beer is half as good as your brew labels are they will be spending drinking!!!

Great stuff.  Brew up and Brew on!

• Like 1