Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

I bought some of those Aldi beers at the weekend - got one of each of the 6 UK beers. Agree with you about the Medusa - cracking ale this one. There was another red ale - can't remember the name - but the Medusa is the better of the 2. And $4 per 500ml bottle is pretty good I reckon...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Can you taste any coconut?

Yeah you can. It's at a really nice level right now with the other malt derived flavours of the beer. Even if you're not a huge fan of coconut, I reckon you'd like this beer.

I've tagged it as one to have a play with again.

2 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

...Freaking cold here too at the moment.

12.4° apparently.

Bahaha! 🤣 That ain't cold! Our maximum temp for today wasn't much higher than that!

It spent a fair whack overnight between 2° & 6°C here. I could of shut my keezer down & thrown the kegs on the back lawn! 🤣

Cheers & enjoy the Winter beers,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Yeah you can. It's at a really nice level right now with the other malt derived flavours of the beer. Even if you're not a huge fan of coconut, I reckon you'd like this beer.

I've tagged it as one to have a play with again.

Bahaha! 🤣 That ain't cold! Our maximum temp for today wasn't much higher than that!

It spent a fair whack overnight between 2° & 6°C here. I could of shut my keezer down & thrown the kegs on the back lawn! 🤣

Cheers & enjoy the Winter beers,

Lusty.

Just made me remember I was watching an episode of Craigtube once when he actually had his keg out in the snow to chill , I thought that was pretty cool 😎 pardon the pun I think he is from Canada 🇨🇦 If I remember correctly 

I went to pour a red ale last night and it just spluttered, so that one is done. On Saturday I'm kegging the FWH Cascade ale, of which the surplus will be added to the little keg that already has about 5-6 litres of red ale in it. That little keg will go in to be carbonated and should be ready to pour on Sunday. 

Still got half a carton plus the stout on tap to tie me over for the next couple of days. Might still grab a sixer of something though. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, Hairy said:

This morning it hit me; Wai-iti hops. Very tasty. I will need to use it again.

…. is that Wai-iti I cannot remember the name of the hops.... wai-ty a bit longer and eventually it will come to me Hairy 😝

… now BS don't crank up about the phonetic pronunciation of the local hop name and pronounce us all filthy luddites from the West... and let this little joke go through to the keeper ; ) 

Tin of Coco Tin of Coco Can of Barbed Wire... I have been educated mate.

Edited by Bearded Burbler

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Not a bad little ALDI beer, UK Ruby Red having a few of these warm up beers before the state of origin tonight. Smoky coffee and toffee apple aroma and taste. Couldnt find me bottle opener so improvised with the letter opener.

…. maaaaaaaaate… not yer teeth... or even better your eye socket?

Went with the suggestion of mixing my RIS that went a bit flat with another carbonated one. Went with a English bitter, had made it quite drinkable to be honest. Can't taste the EB at all though that stout has a strong flavour that shines thru. Nice little winter warmer.

IMG20190606190349.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Mate felt like a idiot when I remembered I had a bottle opener on the fridge ...... 

IMG20190606191128.jpg

And what a beautiful thing!!!  Where Is that one from? And with temp on there as well!?!

Ah well mate... I have avoided me teeth and eye socket for a few years now as destruction can cause big medical bills... but a spoon or fork handle is always useful if the boss is not watching : )

Crown cork seals are so good... it is a joy to be opening a bottle with a bottle opener... to drink REAL BREW 😋

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

And what a beautiful thing!!!  Where Is that one from? And with temp on there as well!?

Petronius towers from memory near Kuala Lumpur. Enjoy getting magnets from the country's I visit at work. My youngens enjoy them and it's a good little reminder. Haven't tested the accuracy of the temp on it .. brought it mostly due to the pineapple lol.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Cheers mate was yours... Tis a wee heavy thou .. a Stein of the mix makes U feel it.. but I did make my RIS stronger then suggested.

That's probably saying a bit because my RIS, done to the recipe, came out at 9.3%.  Plus the fizz and alcohol from another beer, would put me nicely to sleep after a litre or so.

Some would say dilution is the solution to pollution.... I do not agree 😝

But I suspect SOS' other beer would have alc in it - so although the 9.3% may come down overall average ABV in the vessel... the other Alc in other beer added by Shamus would still add to the overall soporific effect 🤨

Ah this site is a beautiful thing... arguing about beer semantics at 7 o'clock in the morning ?!