Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Ahh the fabled Pavlova Pale that stalled at 1020. It's pretty green and needs some more carb as I was conservative with the bulk priming due to high fg reading. Tastes the goods like a caramelised meringue with passion fruit. It's thick on the tongue but not sickly sweet as I'd feared. I think I'll put the remaining bottles in the fv fridge to warm up for a spell.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190529180915094_COVER.thumb.jpg.daa5bd51ecd7f3b81b3887d94eacec27.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Based on the Best Extra Stout recipe, I switched it around a bit to be a bit sweeter and pretty much made it a sweet stout. It’s oh so good.

D148488C-600B-4A76-BC58-42E2113F9AEB.jpeg

What did you add. I added lactose to give it a bit of sweetness which I thought it needed 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Based on the Best Extra Stout recipe, I switched it around a bit to be a bit sweeter and pretty much made it a sweet stout. It’s oh so good.

And there is that legendary glass again!!!

• Like 1

Still got my red ale going. I thought the keg would have emptied by now so that means it'll probably splutter everywhere next glass. 

I bought a carton today just in case because I don't really want to be drinking a heap of 8.5% stout. Only been having a couple of those a week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I bought a carton today just in case because I don't really want to be drinking a heap of 8.5% stout. Only been having a couple of those a week. 

Hopefully a carton of Coopers!  ; )

But probably not BES 👺

Do you not bottle at all anymore Kelsey?  To keep a few up yer sleeve for when the kegs run out or times are lean?  😜

I don't bottle anything at the moment, need to get a capper sorted but just not that high on the list at the moment. I did fix my 10L mini keg though so I will have extra in that being a blend of red and pale this time around once the pale is ready. When I brew 25 litre batches, the surplus from two of them goes into it. Usually end up with 8-10 litres. 

What I really need is to get a second fermenter going, just waiting until the kitchen fridge is replaced so I can use it for temp control. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

Big 8.5% stout. This was taken after I gave it a pretend nitro syringe pump. Big rich flavour, kind of like a Coopers BES but more intense. Bit of a coffee and chocolate undertone. Very smooth, the makeup of the beer causing lower carbonation on the same gas pressure certainly helps with that. I wouldn't want any more carbonation in it. I find the syringe pump takes a little bit out of it too. Very thick, full bodied, as you'd expect with an FG of 1.020/1. Not a session beer at all, might have another before bed later 😂

20190601_132204.thumb.jpg.38acc87751ebb31161565d2b95867636.jpg

Cheers

Kelsey

• Like 11

The time has come the Walrus said...

Finally have completed and am now drinking the first All Grainer brew... Anzac Golden Sunset Ale...  brewed on Anzac Day.

8.5kg of malt...  and it really does look and taste great!  Obviously more work than KnK but worth the extra effort.

And thanks to all you Coopers Community All Grainers and brewers in general - could not have done it without your positive practical helpful input!!!

image.thumb.png.75d443808eb630f18998c8c3fd6005df.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 11