Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Pilnser been in bottle for 8 weeks and the headmaster is doing its job ...  very happy with this beer ....  Morgans Czech Pils kit, 25g Saaz hop tea, W34/70 yeast, 10 degree ferment, DA rest at 18 after day 6 ... then cold crashed at 3 degree from day 10,  bottled on day 14 in brown 330ml stubbies ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Pilnser been in bottle for 8 weeks and the headmaster is doing its job ...  very happy with this beer ....  Morgans Czech Pils kit, 25g Saaz hop tea, W34/70 yeast, 10 degree ferment, DA rest at 18 after day 6 ... then cold crashed at 3 degree from day 10,  bottled on day 14 in brown 330ml stubbies ...

Looks bloody tasty!

You use carb drops for carbonation or sugar?

@MartyG1525230263 have you used that Morgan’s kit before? My old man and I recently both brewed lagers...he used a Morgan’s and I used the euro coopers kit, we compared and his beer had a similar amount of activity in the glass and it wasn’t even in a headmaster.... just wondering If there’s some dark arts going on at the Morgan’s factory?

Edited by MitchBastard

5 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

@MartyG1525230263 have you used that Morgan’s kit before? My old man and I recently both brewed lagers...he used a Morgan’s and I used the euro coopers kit, we compared and his beer had a similar amount of activity in the glass and it wasn’t even in a headmaster.... just wondering If there’s some dark arts going on at the Morgan’s factory?

Have brewed the Euro a couple of times ... it is very good .... actually had a tallie tonight which was bottled in October ...  was good but not as good as the Czech Pils ...  but I love a good Pils and always have ...  the Euro was a straight  kit and the Pils had a Saaz hops addition and LDM boil ...  

Raspberry Sour. Clarity is tremendous. Head retention not so good. Having not brewed a sour before not sure how much of the fruit flavour should come through. But its big raspberry flavour. Would i brew again? No, sours are not my thing.

20190418_103617.jpg

• Like 8

Cheers!  Just working my way through the last of these English Bitters.   For some reason the biscuit malt I used is quite prominent in this one, took me a while to adjust to be honest.  I used 200g which I've done before but never noticed it being so forward as this in past bitters.  Anyway... she's a good drink regardless.  Happy Easter! 🤩

Cheers!-1.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Cheers!  Just working my way through the last of these English Bitters.   For some reason the biscuit malt I used is quite prominent in this one, took me a while to adjust to be honest.  I used 200g which I've done before but never noticed it being so forward as this in past bitters.  Anyway... she's a good drink regardless.  Happy Easter! 🤩

Cheers!-1.jpg

Looks the biz. What would be a good speciality malt to give that biscuit flavour 

Currently in my 4 tap keezer I have a Hefeweizen Wheat Beer, Coopers IPA, Black Rock Mai Bock in 19L kegs, and in my 9L Craft Keg  I have a North West Pale Ale with Saaz Hops. Kegged up a Helgas Kolsch and a Black Rock Golden Ale the other day, waiting their turn I’m my little cellar under the house, I am quite partial to the Black Rock range, used to do it in the 90,s in bottles but it tastes much better brewed up in kegs off the tap 😃

• Like 3

On 4/20/2019 at 9:01 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

No, and I refuse to call them pilsners as well. I'm sure they are nice beers though and I may make one in the future. 

Out of interest, what would you call them?  🤔

Perhaps because of: "Often brewed as a hybrid style in New Zealand using a neutral ale yeast" ?

I've tried a few local offerings and to me they taste pretty much like PA's to me...