Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

15 hours ago, Titan said:

@The Captain!! haha i love Guinness, cant go past it if the pub sells it. No off flavours whats so ever. Was working in Sydney for a while, choice was a pint of lager and a meal or 4 pints of Guinness. 4 pints always won.

The Mercantile had the best Guinness in Sydney, probably due to the large volume they sold and going through kegs quickly. I haven’t been there for a few years but hopefully it is still good.

5 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Captain, you need to have a Guinness in Ireland. You’ll change your mind 

I’m sure it’s different to here. 

I do say it tongue in cheek. My little dry Irish on tap at the moment is based on a Murphy’s Irish stout. Tastes good apparently. 

I’ve  tried Guinness a number of times but only in Aus. I haven’t been to Europe yet, this little piggy flipped a coin at 18 and it landed on travelling Australia. 

An Irish mate of mine is coming round in a few days for a taste test. If he says it’s no good I’ll bury him under the tomatoes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Murphy’s is a great stout. Bit sweeter than Guinness. Also Beamish is another good irish stout 

Is it sweeter or is it the souring of the Guinness that makes it seem drier? Ph or tartness that your tasting? 

6 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My taste buds aren’t that evolved haha. Is Guinness perceived as sour? 

Nah, they throw a small portion of soured batch in the brew which gives it a small amount of tartness which could be perceived as being drier.

Here’s some chicken soup I created in a fermenter and over a couple of weeks. 

Tastes like fruit and pine, slightly under bittered for a hoppy pale however for the haze crazed hop bomb fans out there. Really good. Not what I was hoping for however not undrinkable

7A9093E8-6683-4BDE-AC9C-166D27EE68BA.jpeg

• Like 4