Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

I cracked a bottle of my saison last night after not having one for about a month or so. Flavour has improved no end from the few I had around New Years. When I first tried I’d have a headache before I got to the bottom of the bottle, which didn’t seem to happen at all last night.

Not sure if it’s one I’ll brew a lot of, but I think it’ll be a candidate for the small fermenter each year for the summer. I’ll definitely be brewing it early anyway.

• Like 2

Today's new brew: Golden Ale made from Coopers APA kit,  an Amarillo hops Crystal malt boil and Amarillo dry hopping ... been in bottle 8 days and my god this will be great in a couple of weeks ... great full flavoured brew ... wonderful change to the lager styles I have been drinking ... this will be a great drinking while my more recent brews are lagering ...  exactly what I have been after ...  an aromatic full flavoured beer  with a clean finish ... 

Golden Ale.jpg

• Like 9

Good old simple kit of Coopers European lager done with 1 kg of LDM ... was bottled on October 8th ... this is a simple and damn good kit ... tastes great ...  and is the last straight kit that i have done ...  six months lagering sure has it really drinkable ... 

20190326_162613.jpg

• Like 9

Coopers Dark Ale perfect for this chilly day on the Sunshine Coast max temp of 22 degrees here with rain .... perfect weather to crack this brew which has been in the bottle since April 9 2018 ... very smooth with a lovely rich roasted malt flavour and wonderful mouth feel ... 

20190327_175136.jpg

• Like 7

My play on Roger Roger Ale

Toucan: Australian Pale Ale can; Family Secret Amber Ale can; 200g LDM; 25g:25g Vic Secret:Topaz 20 minute steep; 25g:25g Vic Secret:Topaz dry hop.

Pretty happy with result.  The dry hop does not come through much.  More of the Amber Ale aroma I remember from when I did this can alone.  However, much more bitter.  Approximate IBU's of 47.  Similar to an IPA.  It offsets the sweetness of the Amber Ale really well.

IMG_1115.JPG.c4befd6a71f819bf455e6181a48c1be9.JPG

• Like 10

Drinking a nice Tumut River Pilsner, it is super carbonated and clean, perfect for my tastes.

On a side note, I have tried to bottle a few beers from my keg but I am not getting good carbonation with them? Do I need to turn the pressure right down and add a hose or tubing to fill with? I want to share some of the Kilowog Krush II I made but I don't want to send out flat beer either. Maybe I just wait until next batch?

20190328_182257.jpg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Drinking a nice Tumut River Pilsner, it is super carbonated and clean, perfect for my tastes.

On a side note, I have tried to bottle a few beers from my keg but I am not getting good carbonation with them? Do I need to turn the pressure right down and add a hose or tubing to fill with? I want to share some of the Kilowog Krush II I made but I don't want to send out flat beer either. Maybe I just wait until next batch?

Get yourself a carbonation cap (I think that is what they are called) and fill PET bottles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Norris! said:

Interested in the name.

Asking for a "friend" that grew up around the Tumut area... Is this using water from the river? Such a vivid memory from my "friend's" childhood.

*Let's be honest, there is no "friend"...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Norris! said:

20190328_182257.jpg

P-A-L-E

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I found 3 longnecks of the Coopers Barley Crush in the back of the pantry. They are coming up to 2 years old. It's not really barley wine weather just yet but I couldn't resist chucking one in the fridge and giving it a go this afternoon.

It's a cracker of a beer - with a fair kick but still very smooth for 10%. I wish I had a few more hidden away for winter. 

IMG20190329180401.jpg

• Like 8

7 days i been waiting for this one to carb. This was the one i did 3 weeks or so ago, my Guinness clone. Partly soured. I posted here just after packaging it tasted like flat Guinness. Now its spot on. Wish i had a nitro pour for this. 

20190331_150312.jpg

• Like 5