Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

At 9 weeks in the bottle, my Brew #6 Coopers Dark Ale can brew is going down very well! I added 500gms of dry dark malt to the can's recommended ingredients. Also the first brew where I bottled some into the Coopers glass bottles. 

20190102_181553.jpg

• Like 14

43 minutes ago, Silmaril said:

At 9 weeks in the bottle, my Brew #6 Coopers Dark Ale can brew is going down very well! I added 500gms of dry dark malt to the can's recommended ingredients. Also the first brew where I bottled some into the Coopers glass bottles. 

Great to see you are back in the Glass Bottles - good stuff - Wooohooo!  And the brew looks good and sounds good Sil!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Trying to knock off my lager keg, nice beer but need the keg.

Happy New Year BT!  

Not that you would worry about it with kegging being such an efficient process... but can you knock some out some left-over brew into bottles to make room and keep some examples for the future?

• Haha 1

Knocked the froth off a pale(ish) ale I bottled on boxing day, this arvo. 

Unhopped extract can with some crystal, hopped with cascade and Amarillo. 

First cold crash, Not a spec of sediment in sight. 

Cheers

0A16DBEB-F2BF-4BC4-8944-F12CC6402A7D.jpeg

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 8

When I started home brewing this time around, it was to get some tasty craft beers (compared to my uni era brewing where I just wanted cheap beer!) However, the thought remained about brewing a strong ale, but I wanted to do it properly, not just go Dexter with the Dextrose and end up with something little fat lamb style.

The Coopers Brew 'A' recipe took my fancy (Brew A) so I decided to give it a go. This was brew #9 for me. This one had a hop steep of EKG, and a dry hop of EKG. ABV came out at 7.2%. I didn't do the CCA yeast and couldn't find an S-33 yeast, so I used Mangrove Jack's M42 New World Strong Ale Yeast, and one of the APA can's yeast sachet. 

All up, two Aus Pale Ale cans, 1 liquid malt extract can, 50gms of EKG hops, and it's turned into a very nice drop. I tried it at 2 weeks, and it was all over the place. At 4 weeks, it's very very drinkable. 

The recipe page isn't kidding when it says these strong brews are not intended to be consumed as a session beer!

20190102_210127(0).jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Silmaril said:

When I started home brewing this time around, it was to get some tasty craft beers (compared to my uni era brewing where I just wanted cheap beer!) However, the thought remained about brewing a strong ale, but I wanted to do it properly, not just go Dexter with the Dextrose and end up with something little fat lamb style.

The Coopers Brew 'A' recipe took my fancy (Brew A) so I decided to give it a go. This was brew #9 for me. This one had a hop steep of EKG, and a dry hop of EKG. ABV came out at 7.2%. I didn't do the CCA yeast and couldn't find an S-33 yeast, so I used Mangrove Jack's M42 New World Strong Ale Yeast, and one of the APA can's yeast sachet. 

All up, two Aus Pale Ale cans, 1 liquid malt extract can, 50gms of EKG hops, and it's turned into a very nice drop. I tried it at 2 weeks, and it was all over the place. At 4 weeks, it's very very drinkable. 

The recipe page isn't kidding when it says these strong brews are not intended to be consumed as a session beer!

20190102_210127(0).jpg

Yep I had 3 of my modified RIS tall-es in a hour period .... woke up on the floor next to my bed .. sesh gremlins  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Was to focused on doing a test run on the new kit that I forgot I had one of the beers I made for SWMBO in the freezer. Nothing like a beer slushie on a hot day. The beer thou .. kinda reminds me of a frothy or a furphy,as in I know there's hops there but they just arnt coming thru. Quite a enjoyable session beer thou.

20190103_165810.jpg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Was to focused on doing a test run on the new kit that I forgot I had one of the beers I made for SWMBO in the freezer. Nothing like a beer slushie on a hot day. The beer thou .. kinda reminds me of a frothy or a furphy,as in I know there's hops there but they just arnt coming thru. Quite a enjoyable session beer thou.

Robobrew looks very shiny!!

• Like 2

Behold lads!!

The Shiraz of beers!... the covenant ...

...Coopers Best Extra Stout!

6.8 % of sexy in your face roast and chocolate flavours with a subtle coffee finsh make an intensly black and intensly sexy brew!

I brewed it back in june 2018 in some grolsh bottles, not exactly your typical summer quoff, but one or two from time to time is ..highly recommend!

20190103_181345.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Escaped the city for tomorrows Heatocalypse. Shipped out to our mates' place in Bendigo as:

a) our aircon has died

b) it will take till Monday for repair and

c) Well... These guys have a pool and are OS for a few weeks.

1570242844_IMG_20190103_2027532.thumb.jpg.7f8c4491110ff87fa0d89c3a4ccc2cf7.jpg

Kilted IPA while I wait for the chlorine to kick in. ☀️

• Like 4

Tonight I cracked the first of my version of Pacific Saison. Lots of in your face fruit, great carbonation, almost as dry as a champagne, and a good amount of funkyness so it’s almost winey..

And it’s only a couple of weeks in the bottle, so I’m keen to see how it ages.

Will be making this again for sure.

92124263-0046-4697-947B-E6480C74D8E4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1