supernerdy

What did Santa bring?

Good chance we will all gets some crafty gifts maybe this year.. so as I drink my breakfast beer I thought id start a thread!

My craft gift pack is from Sierra Nevada... keen to try the spiegelau

Merry Christmas to you all

IMG_20181225_061440.jpg

• Like 3

As its early and I wont be able to sue the glass later decided to try the Sesion IPA.. i cant pour beer though

MVIMG_20181225_091317.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Wobbly74 said:

I bought my own present - a Milwaukee MW102 ph metre 😁

I got one for myself too a couple of weeks back except a Hanna instruments one. Second hand from the acb forum. Appears to work well, but I need to get some calibration solutions for it.

Anyway, I've since opened my presents and they're really cool. A beer sign and two signed pictures from movies I really like too.

20181225_090938.thumb.jpg.e42ee403177065cde52bc273cfb6a00c.jpg

20181225_091054.thumb.jpg.67fe3607c3e55e59c2f4d556e463faa5.jpg20181225_091114.thumb.jpg.611183a76aaf61bab4b96c398a005c58.jpg

• Like 3

Just fire and brimstone at my house.

Oh damn this dyslexia, I need to stop writing letters to Satan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, supernerdy said:

i cant pour beer though

Blame the glass.  It looks like it is designed to agitate the beer during the pour to get a better head

Here is my haul.  There seemed to be a common theme in most of my gifts.   BEER!

1841474380_ThankyouSanta2018.thumb.jpg.e3267aa039f58331bcb03697eb4687e1.jpg

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 4

Nah it's not the glass,  I have a few of them and you can pour a beer without half of it being foam, just need to hold it at a greater angle than a normal glass, or pour it more slowly. Should end up with about an inch or a little more of foam if it's poured properly. 

Yep.

The quality of their range is variable but I really liked their Hatlifter Stout.

Edited by Hairy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, supernerdy said:

Good chance we will all gets some crafty gifts maybe this year.. so as I drink my breakfast beer I thought id start a thread!

My craft gift pack is from Sierra Nevada... keen to try the spiegelau

Merry Christmas to you all

IMG_20181225_061440.jpg

Santa has great taste!!

1E66B3FC-934D-4E59-8326-B15311BD3D66.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Santa sux.

All the fat bastard gave me was a dose of the sh1ts.

Can’t even have a beer.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 4

Being single has it advantages, but means I don't get all the nice beer & stuff for presents, but shouted myself some brew gear & stocked up for new year brewing.

I have a can Coopers Draught/BH 1 to use up, thinking of adding  Light Crystal Malt & 10g packet of Brigalow "Australian Galaxy" Finishing Hops. Wondering if  the flavours would clash.

Any comments would be appreciated,

Cheers & all the best for the Festive Season.

🍺😁

It would work but 10g of hops is bugger all. 

I added to the haul yesterday evening with some Motörhead related stuff; framed picture of Lemmy, a flag, also some shirts of other bands I like. The flag was the wrong one apparently so the right one is being sent. Thinking they can hang on the wall behind the bar when it's in place.

• Like 1

Probably not as exciting as some of the other presents listed here already but still appreciated, my kids got me a Coopers Canadian Blonde kit & kilo and a box of PET bottles.
They know how to keep Dad happy.  🙂

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Probably not as exciting as some of the other presents listed here already but still appreciated, my kids got me a Coopers Canadian Blonde kit & kilo and a box of PET bottles.
They know how to keep Dad happy.  🙂

Nice one muzzy, i like the blonde kit, up it with some malt and reduce the volume. very drinkable, scrumdiddly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have tried a couple from them. The Cleansing Ale is a great beer.

• Like 1

Forgot about the early present the mrs got me the other day. A station clock, which was mounted on the end of a wall at the entrance to the kitchen.

20181222_150901.thumb.jpg.39112d9523afa14417a52a6cb7eca8ac.jpg20181222_150926.thumb.jpg.8d09172631a8d74831fcc2cb8f5bfcd7.jpg

• Like 6