Coopers Community

Inkbird Help

Beer Baron

4 minutes ago, John304 said:

is the fridge running, maybe check the thermostat on the fridge is set to coldest

Sounds like fridge issue. Light working? Compressor humming along? Unplug the fridge from Inkbird and try in a different power point to test fridge?

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, Beer Baron said:

I’ve given everything a test and it all seems to work good. The fridge is always on the lowest setting and it’s chilling now so I wonder why it wasn’t before??

BB

So it came good or did you pour it down the sink?

For the benefit of all those that use an Inkbird. Did you work out what was the issue?

I've had the same thing happen several times and, as Hairy says, it was the compressor delay which can be quite long on some fridges. It's only when you are sweating on the fridge to kick in that you notice it. Each time you turn it off, the restart/try another power point exercise only starts the delay all over again.

Domestic fridges have an auto reset thermal safety called a "clixon" which will activate if you turn off then try to start the compressor immediately. Need to allow pressures to equalise for a few minutes before restarting, hence time delays on most temp controllers.

Archived