Coopers Community

Moving day

Otto Von Blotto

The new house settled yesterday, so moving all the bulky and other important stuff today. Weather is so far looking after us. Also found the perfect spot that will fit two ferment fridges, right next to a power point, winning. 

We went around last night with the dog, I think he likes it. First thing he did in the yard was a big dump, then he went and jumped in the bloody pool 😂😂

last time i moved it was from a rental to a bought place. 400metres. hired a sack truck trolley thing and walked like a homeless dude up the street with the fridge, then the washing machine.

it was piss funny!

🐶 big laughs at your dog washing his arse in the pool!!!!

4 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

400metres

I moved across the road in Rocky once. Worst friggin move ever. You think it’s only got to go across the road so you don’t pack it properly. Took us ages!

Good luck with the move Kelsey. Weather seems to be holding out but the humidity sux balls... You’ll deserve a few beers tonight.

30 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

At least it’ll be a couple of days. I’m spending all day tomorrow at the Goldie for kids sport with a big gap in the middle. Hoping to go find a barbie empty on the beach.

I find it hilarious up north, a cyclone is called, the aisle with bottled water in it goes within a day. Chill out people. The next is the beer at the bottlo. They close those fairly quickly 

Meh. 2011 floods the woolies near us sold out of fresh milk three days before. The long life stuff was still checkers. The biggest issue here was power outages 😊

Our council gives out bottled water for drinking if the reticulation system is compromised in any way. 

My camper trailer has 60l of drinking water on board, and enough power to run the beer fridge for a week.

Output will double once I get the second fridge but probably won't change much else. I brew what I like drinking, simple. 

Anyway the rain did hold off in the end, started when we returned the trailer so that was nice! Just small stuff left now which will fit in the cars easily enough. 

Bed time now. Couldn't even be arsed putting the bed frame up so it's a flattress tonight (floor mattress 😜). Did have a few beers in the pool though haha. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks Christina! First in terms of buying yes. Possibly our only, but time will tell. If we manage to win the lottery we may sell it and buy a place in the old colonial style we really love; unfortunately those types of houses are too expensive for us unless we bought one in a crappy area but that's not something we wanted to do. 

The pool certainly comes in handy for cooling off in summer, good for chilling cubes too 😜

He's a year and 3 months now. He'll probably sneak into a picture here and there, but I usually don't have him around the brewing stuff because he's liable to lock things he shouldn't be licking 😂

Archived