Coopers Community

Mini Keg Set Up Suggestions..

lamensterms

Hey guys,

Thinking about getting some Kegland mini kegs, just after a few suggestions for a set up to get me started.

I'd prefer to go mini kegs with smaller CO2 bottle (thinking SodaStream), as I don't really have the fridge space for corny kegs (or space for a dedicated keg fridge).

I'm leaning towards a couple of 5L mini kegs, SodaStream bottles with a proper regulator (not a mini regulator) and picnic taps.

I do hope to upgrade to a more serious keg system in the future (got a few mates on my back about it), but baby steps haha.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys

Mini kegs look good, were just a little tall for my fridge shelf with the plumbing on top. I went Tap-a-draft, similar serving size (6l) but more horizontal. Have been very happy with the system but unfortunately they're out of business. Sounds like you'd be able to carry over gear to a full size keg setup if and when you desired, so I say go for it!

Cheers, 

John 

Thanks for the replies guys.

John I also have some tap-a-draft gear... Got it second hand and worked ok for a few bottles.  But then the CO2 holder started to crack.  Bit of a shame as they worked well when they worked.  The mini kegs will be replacing the tap-a-draft stuff👍

On 12/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, lamensterms said:

The mini kegs will be replacing the tap-a-draft stuff👍

Ah ok, yeah I'll probably be doing the same thing when all my Tap-a-draft stuff eventually dies. Let me know how your mini keg setup goes! 

Cheers, 

John

Archived